15th Finance Commission Pdf UPSC – 15th FC Terms of reference – Hello Friends Welcome to studydhaba.com . Here We are sharing Some Important Information About 15th Finance Commission .15th Finance Commission Pdf UPSC – 15th FC Terms of reference
About Finance Commission
- Article 270- sharing of central taxes
- Article 275- grant in aid of revenues (grant-in-aid/statutory grants/non-plan grants are to be given to the States in need of assistance and the amount of grant-in-aid and the principles for judging the eligibility of states for these grants-in-aid are to be determined by the Finance Commission)
- Article 280- provides the main responsibilities of the finance commission
- The central government collects majority of the taxes in the form of Income tax, Corporate tax, Customs, Central GST etc whereas it is the state which needs to provide a huge amount of services to the public hence it is natural for the states to fall into revenue imbalance/gap
- Prior to 2000, only Income tax and union excise on certain duties were shared but the constitutional amendment in 2000 allowed all the central taxes to be shared with the states
- The government has amended the constitution twice – 80th CAA and 88th CAA in 2000 and 2003 respectively in order to change the scheme of distribution of taxes between the centre and the states
- The tax sharing is done so as to correct the vertical and horizontal imbalances which arise due to constitutional assignment of tax powers and responsibilities of the expenditure
- The tax sharing recommendations given by the FC does not form the part of consolidated fund of India
Background of Finance Commission -15th Finance Commission Pdf
- The first Finance Commission was established by the President of India in 1951 under Article 280of the Indian Constitution.
- It was formed to define the financial relations between the central government of India and the individual state governments.
- The Government of India, with the approval President of India, has constituted Fifteenth Finance Commission.
- Please note: It is in pursuance of clause (1) of article 280 of the Constitution, read with the provisions of the Finance Commission (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 1951e.f. 27thNovember, 2017.
- Five years
- April 1st, 2020
- Available Now On Official Website
- The recommendations would be applicable for the period from 2020-2026
( This Time 15th Finance Commission Report Will be Implemented Between 2020 -2026 )
Lets Compare BIMARU States Vs Southern States
- In 1971, the BIMARU states had 57% more population than the southern states and today it twice that of southern states
- The total population of four southern states is lower than the combined population of UP and Rajasthan
- The northern states’ share of population has increased from 38.7% (1971) to 42.4% (2011) whereas that of southern states has fallen down from 24.7% to 20.7%
Total Fertility Rates (TFR)
- TFR for India was 5.5 in 1971 and has been brought down to 2.3 by 2013
- The southern states’ TFR ranged between 3.9 for TN to 4.6 in AP in 1971, which was way below the national average. By 2013 it has been brought down to the range of 1.7 to 1.9
- The northern states’ TFR in 1971 was over 6 and by 2013 has been brought down to the range of 1.9 to 3.4
Size of the Economy
- At 1980-81 prices the size of the BIMARU states was 32% larger than the combined size of the southern states
- By 2016-17, the economic size of the southern states is 15% more than the northern states
Per Capita Income
- The per capita income of southern states is much higher than that of northern states .
- The lowest PCI in a southern state is of Rs.95566 .
- Per Capita Income of Rajasthan Rs.72072 is the highest amongst the northern states.
Contributions to direct taxes
- Southern states contributed 23.5% whereas northern states’ contribution was just 9.7% (Karnataka contributed 10.1%)
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
To Download 15th Finance Commission Recommendation – Click Here
Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page
Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .|