9th brics summit 2017 – Location ,Host Country City,Countries ,Date,Venue
9th brics summit 2017 – Location ,Host Country City,Countries ,Date,Venue – China will host the ninth BRICS annual summit in the southeastern coastal city of Xiamen in September 2017 as the country takes the rotating chair of the influential bloc.
President Xi made the announcement on October 16 during a small gathering prior to the main conference of the 8th summit in Goa, and expressed his intention to open a new chapter for BRICS in the following year, reported by China’s Xinhua News Agency.
The BRICS comprise of five countries -9th brics summit 2017 – Location ,Host Country City,Countries ,Date,Venue
- South Africa
which together include 43 percent of the world population and a combined GDP of over $16 trillion.
Xiamen, also historically known as Amoy, is a major resort city in Fujian Province on the Taiwan Strait. The city is well known for its amiable climate, Hoklo influence and picturesque scenery. It was ranked as China’s “most romantic leisure city” in 2011.
|Countries||Leaders photo BRICS|
PM Modi’s speech at Brics Summit 2017: Key highlights -9th brics summit 2017 – Location ,Host Country City,Countries ,Date,Venue
|PM Modi’s speech at Brics Summit 2017: Key highlights|
- After more than a decade of existence, BRICS has developed a robust framework for cooperation. We contribute stability and growth in a world drifting towards uncertainty.
- While trade and economy have been the foundation of our cooperation, our endeavours today touch diverse areas of technology, tradition, culture, agriculture, environment, energy, sports, and ICT.
- The New Development Bank has started disbursing loans in pursuit of its mandate to mobilize resources for infrastructure and sustainable development in BRICS countries. At the same time, our Central Banks have taken steps to make the Contingent Reserve Arrangement fully operational. These are milestones of progress we can build upon.
- Looking ahead, it is important that our people remain at the centre of our journey. I am happy to note that China has taken forward the people-to-people thrust of our exchanges from last year. Such inter-mingling will consolidate our links and deepen our understanding.
- India’s own far-reaching journey of transformation gives pride of place to our people. We are in mission-mode to eradicate poverty; to ensure health, sanitation, skills, food security, gender equality, energy, education and innovation.
- National programmes of Clean Ganga, Renewable Energy, Digital India, Smart Cities, Housing for All and Skill India are laying the basis for clean, green and inclusive development.
- They are also tapping the creative energy of our 800 million youth.
- Our women’s empowerment programmes are productivity multipliers that mainstream women in nation building.
- We have also stepped up the fight against black money and corruption. Moving forward, using the springboard of our national experiences, BRICS countries can deepen partnership for win-win results.
- Some thoughts come to mind for upgrading mutual cooperation. First, last year we discussed pooling our efforts to create a BRICS rating agency. An Expert Group has since been studying the viability of such an agency. I would urge that the roadmap for its creation should be finalized at the earliest.
- Second, our Central Banks must further strengthen their capabilities and promote co-operation between the Contingent Reserve Arrangement and the IMF.
- Our five countries have complementary skills and strengths to promote use of renewable and solar energy. The NDB can also establish an effective link with ISA to support such cooperation. We would wish to see more clean energy funding, particularly in solar energy, from the NDB.
- Fourth, we are nations with large youth populations. We need to mainstream our youth in our joint initiatives as far as possible. Scaled up cooperation in skill development and exchange of best practices will be a valuable instrument.
8th BRICS Summit
- The 2016 BRICS summit was the eighth annual BRICS summit, an international relations conference attended by the heads of country or heads of government of the five member countries Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
- The summit was held from 15 to 16 October 2016 at the Taj Exotica hotel in Benaulim, Goa, India.India holds the chair of the BRICS from February 2016 to December 2016.