Adopt A heritage Scheme India – Features,Details,Monuments UPSC,PIB, -Various Heritage sites are to be adopted by a Monument Mitras under Adopt a Heritage scheme.
What is Adopt a Heritage scheme?
- It is an initiative of the Ministry of Tourism, in collaboration with the Ministry of Culture and the
Archaeological Survey of India.
- Under the scheme government invites entities, including public sector companies, private sector firms as well
as individuals, to develop selected monuments and heritage and tourist sites across India.
- Development of these tourist sites calls for providing and maintaining basic amenities, including drinking
water, ease of access for the differently abled and senior citizens, standardised signage, cleanliness, public
How the scheme works?
- The sites/monument for this scheme will be selected on the basis of tourist footfall and visibility and can be
adopted by private and public sector companies and individuals known as Monument Mitras for an initial
period of five years.
- The Monument Mitras are selected by the ‗oversight and vision committee,‘ co-chaired by the Tourism
Secretary and the Culture Secretary.
- There is no financial bid involved and the corporate sector is expected to use corporate social responsibility
(CSR) funds for the upkeep of the site.
- The Monument Mitras, in turn, will get limited visibility on the site premises and on the Incredible India
- The oversight committee also has the power to terminate a memorandum of understanding in case of noncompliance
Who is eligible for adopting a heritage site / monument under the project?
- Private and Public Sector Companies and Individuals are eligible for adopting a heritage site / monument under this project.
What are the objectives of the project?
- Develop basic tourism infrastructure at identified monuments/heritage sites.
- Inclusive tourist experience for heritage sites.
- Promote cultural and heritage value of the country to generate livelihoods of local
communities of respective heritage sites.
- Enhance the tourist attractiveness in a sustainable manner by developing world class
infrastructure at heritage sites.
- Create employment through active involvement of local communities.
- Harness tourism potential for its multiplier effects in employment generation and
- Develop sustainable tourism infrastructure and ensuring proper Operations and
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
|Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page|
|The Hindu Daily News Paper Important Articles Pdf|
|Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba|
|Latest Current Affairs Magazine 2019 Pdf|
|UPSC Prelims ,Mains ,Optional Study Materials|
|UPSC Prelims Test Series 2020 Pdf|
|UPSC Mains Test Series 2019-2020|
|UPSC Optional Test Series 2019-2020|
|SSC Study Materials 2019-2020 Pdf|
|IBPS Study Material 2019-2020 Pdf|
|Insurance Exams Free Study Materials Pdf 2019|
|NEET Exam Free Study Material Pdf|
|Latest RRB Study Material Pdf|
|Teaching Exams Study Material Pdf|
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .|