Ayushman Bharat national health protection Mission – AB-NHPM pdf
Ayushman Bharat national health protection Mission -AB-NHPM pdf – Hello Friends Welcome to studydhaba.com . Here Is the latest Government program from Central Government of India . This program is Approved by Prime minister Chaired meeting in new Delhi .
Lets talk About this new program from Central government of India .
Cabinet approves Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission
- Benefit cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family per year More than 10 crore families to be covered RSBY and SCHIS to be subsumed under Ayushman Bharat – NHPS
Introduction about AB-NHPM
- Ayushman Bharat -National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM) having central sector component under Ayushman Bharat Mission anchored in the MoHFW.
- The scheme has the benefit cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family per year.
- The target beneficiaries of the proposed scheme will be more than 10 crore families belonging to poor and vulnerable population based on SECC database.
- AB-NHPM will subsume the on-going centrally sponsored schemes –RashtriyaSwasthyaBimaYojana (RSBY) and the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS),
Salient Features:Ayushman Bharat national health protection Mission
- AB-NHPM will have a defined benefit cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family per year
- This cover will take care of almost all secondary care and most of tertiary care procedures.
- To ensure that nobody is left out (especially women, children and elderly) there will be no cap on family size and age in the scheme.
- The benefit cover will also include pre and post-hospitalisation expenses.
- All pre-existing conditions will be covered from day one of the policy.
- A defined transport allowance per hospitalization will also be paid to the beneficiary.
- Benefits of the scheme are portable across the country and a beneficiary covered under the scheme will be allowed to take cashless benefits from any public/private empanelled hospitals across the country.
Who Are Entitled for This Program
AB-NHPM will be an entitlement based scheme with entitlement decided on the basis of deprivation criteria in the SECC database
- The different categories in rural area include families having only one room with kuchha walls and kucharoof
- families having no adult member between age 16 to 59
- female headed households with no adult male member between age 16 to 59
- disabled member and no able bodied adult member in the family
- SC/ST households; and landless households deriving major part of their income from manual casual labour
Also, automatically included families in rural areas having any one of the following:
- households without shelter,
- destitute, living on alms,
- manual scavenger families,
- primitive tribal groups,
- legally released bonded labour.
- For urban areas, 11 defined occupational categories are entitled under the scheme.
Expenditure involved:Ayushman Bharat national health protection Mission
- The expenditure incurred in premium payment will be shared between Central and State Governments in specified ratio as per Ministry of Finance guidelines in vogue.
- The total expenditure will depend on actual market determined premium paid in States/ UTs where AB-NHPM will be implemented through insurance companies.
- In States/ UTs where the scheme will be implemented in Trust/ Society mode, the central share of funds will be provided based on actual expenditure or premium ceiling (whichever is lower) in the pre-determined ratio.
Number of Beneficiaries:
- AB-NHPM will target about 10.74 crore poor, deprived rural families and identified occupational category of urban workers’ families as per the latest Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) data covering both rural and urban.
- The scheme is designed to be dynamic and aspirational and it would take into account any future changes in the exclusion/ inclusion/ deprivation/ occupational criteria in the SECC data.
States/Districts covered:Ayushman Bharat national health protection Mission
- AB-NHPM will be rolled out across all States/UTs in all districts with an objective to cover all the targeted beneficiaries.