WHAT IS BALANCED DIET AND COMPONENTS PDF Download – WHAT IS BALANCED DIET AND COMPONENTS PDF Download -Hello Friends Welcome to studydhana.com
What is Balanced Diet?
If all the abovementioned components are present in perfect proportions and quantity for maintaining the body in the perfect and healthy state, then the food is called Balanced diet.
Components of the balanced Diet are – Carbohydrates, Fats, Proteins, Minerals, Vitamins, Water and Roughage
- The main 3 elements are Carbon, Hydrogen, and Oxygen
- Requirement on Daily Basis – 500 gms ; 1 gm gives 17KJ of energy
- Sources of carbohydrates : 3 main cereals (wheat, rice, maize), sugarcane, milk, fruits, honey,beet
- The carbohydrates in food eaten are processed in the alimentary canal and liver are then are supplied to the tissues mainly as glucose; known as blood sugar Cellulose, starch and sugar are 3 types Structurally, carbohydrates are of three types : Monosaccharides, Disaccharides and Polysaccharides
- Excess of carbohydrate is stored in the liver in the form of Glycogen
- Daily requirement – 50gms
- Provides twice the energy of carbohydrates
- Act as the reserve food material because exces fat is stored in the liver and as adipose tissue
- An enzyme called Lipase digests fats. It breaks down into fatty acids and glycerol
- Made up of Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen and Nitrogen
- For growth and repairmen, it is important
- Made up of amino acids
- Kwashiorkar and Marasmus are the diseases occur due to the deficiency of Protein
Vitamins : –
- Vitamins are necessary for growth, good vision and health, proper digestion of the body. They do not provide any energy to our body.
- Vitamins can be divided in two categories: –
- Water soluble Vitamins : Vitamin B complex, Vitamin C
- Fat Soluble – Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
Water : –
- Important in digestion, transportation, excretion and to regulate body temperature
- Fibrous material present in the cell wall of plants Mainly contains cellulose
- It does not provide energy but only helps in retaining water in the body One of the common source is Daliya
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page
Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .