Baswan committee recommendations pdf -IAS Age Limit -Age Reduction
Baswan committee recommendations pdf -IAS Age Limit -Age Reduction -The Hindu Article : Baswan Committee recommends reduction of upper age limit, removal of optional paper [ Source The Hindu ]
- Reduce age limit to 28 for general,29 for OBC,30 for SC/ST
- 4 attempts to all categories
- Remove optional and Ethics paper
- Expand GS into 5 papers
- Essay and Precis in one paper
prelims:GS 300 marks and CSAT 150 marks,prelims intake 10 times of vacancies instead of present 13 times
- All recommendation accepted except age reduction.
- Implementation might be in 2019 with 2 years of freeze.
- Those who are already in the process of appearing will be exempted.
While this has not been approved yet, some of the key changes that are likely to be brought in are:
- The optional paper that the aspirants have to appear for may be completely done away with. This is being touted as a huge reform.
- The committee is understood to have recommended a reduction in upper age limit of 32 years to appear in the civil service exam.
- The UPSC has fixed a seven-day time frame for candidates to report mistakes or discrepancies in questions asked in the various examinations conducted by it.