Women Issue- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao ,Sukanya Samridhi -Women Issue- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao ,Sukanya Samridhi
Two Schemes Has Been Announced By Government Of India for Women Rights or we Can say for Girl Child Protection-
- Under Which Ministry – Women And child Development Ministry Under Maneka Gandhi
- What Schemes –
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
- Sukanya Samridhi Account for Prosperity of Girl child
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme Three objectives are
Forum IAS Indian government Schemes Current Affairs notes pdf 2017
Government Schemes vision ias Pdf Download -IAS Prelims 2017,Mains
Modi Government Achievements April 2016 – List of All Works
Targets set By Government Of India In December 2014
- Improve the Sex Ratio at Birth (SRB) in 100 gender critical districts by 10 points in a year.
- Reduce Gender differentials in Under Five Child Mortality Rate from 8 points in 2011 to 4 points by 2017.
- Improve the Nutrition status of girls – by reducing number of underweight and anaemic girls under 5 years of age (from NFHS 3 levels).
- Ensure universalization of ICDS, girls’ attendance and equal care monitored, using joint ICDS NRHM Mother Child Protection Cards.
- Increase the girl’s enrolment in secondary education from 76% in 2013-14 to 79% by 2017.
- Provide girl’s toilet in every school in 100 CSR districts by 2017.
- Promote a protective environment for Girl Children through implementation of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act 2012.
- Train Elected Representatives/ Grassroot functionaries as Community Champions to mobilize communities to improve CSR & promote Girl’s education.
Implementation of Beti Bachao Beri Badhao Scheme-
Administrative – At National Level
- At the National level, a National Task Force for Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao headed by Secretary, WCD with representation from concerned ministries namely Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Ministry of Human Resource Development, National Legal Services Authority, Department of Disability Affairs and Ministry of Information & Broadcasting; Gender Experts and Civil Society representatives.
- The Task Force will provide guidance and support; finalize training content; review state plans and monitor effective implementation
At state Level
- At the State level, the States shall form a State Task Force (STF) with representation of concerned Departments (Health & Family Welfare; Education; Panchayati Raj/ Rural Development) including State Level Services Authority and Department of Disability Affairs for Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao to coordinate the implementation of the Scheme
At Districts Level-
- District collector will head a district task force, will network with schools-colleges, NGOs, companies aiming to spend CSR-funds, media, youth and so on.
At Block Level
- Same way SDM will head block-task-force.
- One nodal officer in each department for monitoring the district plans.
- In North India, Child marriages held on Akshaya Tritiya- so additional surveillance during that period.
- Panchayat will be held accountable if child marriages occur.
- Create parliamentary forum of MPs representing 100 districts to Implement and Monitor this scheme mostly for these 100 Districts
- It Is Duty of Panchayat that a girl should no marry before 18 years of age .
Gender Discrimination and Female Foeticide
- Collector and District judge will submit collaborate on PNDT cases, submit monthly reports to union government. Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques
- Regular inspection of clinics in all districts for Stopping Female foeticide
- Online portal for filling anonymous complaints.
- Reward system for informants- about doctors involved in sex-determination, illegal abortion, ultrasound machines etc.
- Asha workers will give mother-child protection card.
- If pregnant mother registered under Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahyog yojana in 1st trimester, she’ll be given Rs.3500/-
- Reduce no. of underweight girls under 5 age by providing proper Nutritions to girl Child And Mother
- Panchayat to display Gudda-Guddi board – number of new born boys and girls -every month.
Education For All Girls
- This is a Fundamental Right under Article 21a of Indian Constitution ,that every child has right to get a free Education from 6 to 14 years age.
- School Management Committees to ensure all girl child enroll.
- Identify problems faced by girl-child in coming to school e.g. taking care of siblings, collection of water-firewood, transport-safety, separate toilets, lack of uniform and textbooks and so on. Then help accordingly.
- Introduce syllabus with gender equality.
- Providing Equal Opportunities for Girls so that they can get a Good Education
Protection of Girl Child Against Exploitation
- POSCO= Protection of children from sexual offenses Act 2012.
- Strictly implement POSCO Act to save girl-child from sexual abuse.
- Shelters ,Swadhar Grih,Working women Hostel And Many More
- Make community Watch Dog group of Women -to Ensure a Safe And Protective Environment for Girl Child
Some More Methods to Promote Girl child Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme-
- Prevent Child Marriage and Dowry Practices
- Celebrate birth of girl-child similar to Lohri
- Discourage the first preference to son. Allow daughters to perform last rites of parents.
- Promote Girl Child With The Help of Social Media,Advertisements, Awareness Material and Many More
- Promote concept of Ardhangini (equal life partner), and Encourage equal property rights.
Topic 2-Sukanya Samridhi Account
- Minor bank account for girl child below the age of 10.
- She can withdraw 50% of the money after reaching age of 18 e.g. for higher education.
- 18 years deadline will also help preventing child-marriages.
- Although scheme is silent- on whether account money will be forfeited if child marriage done.
- For initial account opening, minimum deposit Rs.1000 required.
- Later, any amount in multiple of 100 can be deposited
- maximum Rs. 1.5 lakh per year can be Deposited Into Account
- Interest rate: 9.1% compounded annually.
- No income tax for this year.
- Account can be opened via post office or commercial banks, Account will remain operative until she reaches 21 age.
- This is small-deposit scheme .
- It is a subpart of Beti Bachao campaign.