Women Issue- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao ,Sukanya Samridhi
Women Issue- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao ,Sukanya Samridhi
Two Schemes Has Been Announced By Government Of India for Women Rights or we Can say for Girl Child Protection-
- Under Which Ministry – Women And child Development Ministry Under Maneka Gandhi
- What Schemes –
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
- Sukanya Samridhi Account for Prosperity of Girl child
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme Three objectives are
Targets set By Government Of India In December 2014
- Improve the Sex Ratio at Birth (SRB) in 100 gender critical districts by 10 points in a year.
- Reduce Gender differentials in Under Five Child Mortality Rate from 8 points in 2011 to 4 points by 2017.
- Improve the Nutrition status of girls – by reducing number of underweight and anaemic girls under 5 years of age (from NFHS 3 levels).
- Ensure universalization of ICDS, girls’ attendance and equal care monitored, using joint ICDS NRHM Mother Child Protection Cards.
- Increase the girl’s enrolment in secondary education from 76% in 2013-14 to 79% by 2017.
- Provide girl’s toilet in every school in 100 CSR districts by 2017.
- Promote a protective environment for Girl Children through implementation of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act 2012.
- Train Elected Representatives/ Grassroot functionaries as Community Champions to mobilize communities to improve CSR & promote Girl’s education.
Implementation of Beti Bachao Beri Badhao Scheme-
Administrative – At National Level
- At the National level, a National Task Force for Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao headed by Secretary, WCD with representation from concerned ministries namely Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Ministry of Human Resource Development, National Legal Services Authority, Department of Disability Affairs and Ministry of Information & Broadcasting; Gender Experts and Civil Society representatives.
- The Task Force will provide guidance and support; finalize training content; review state plans and monitor effective implementation
At state Level
- At the State level, the States shall form a State Task Force (STF) with representation of concerned Departments (Health & Family Welfare; Education; Panchayati Raj/ Rural Development) including State Level Services Authority and Department of Disability Affairs for Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao to coordinate the implementation of the Scheme
At Districts Level-
- District collector will head a district task force, will network with schools-colleges, NGOs, companies aiming to spend CSR-funds, media, youth and so on.
At Block Level
- Same way SDM will head block-task-force.
- One nodal officer in each department for monitoring the district plans.
- In North India, Child marriages held on Akshaya Tritiya- so additional surveillance during that period.
- Panchayat will be held accountable if child marriages occur.
- Create parliamentary forum of MPs representing 100 districts to Implement and Monitor this scheme mostly for these 100 Districts
- It Is Duty of Panchayat that a girl should no marry before 18 years of age .
Gender Discrimination and Female Foeticide
- Collector and District judge will submit collaborate on PNDT cases, submit monthly reports to union government. Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques
- Regular inspection of clinics in all districts for Stopping Female foeticide
- Online portal for filling anonymous complaints.
- Reward system for informants- about doctors involved in sex-determination, illegal abortion, ultrasound machines etc.
- Asha workers will give mother-child protection card.
- If pregnant mother registered under Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahyog yojana in 1st trimester, she’ll be given Rs.3500/-
- Reduce no. of underweight girls under 5 age by providing proper Nutritions to girl Child And Mother
- Panchayat to display Gudda-Guddi board – number of new born boys and girls -every month.
Education For All Girls
- This is a Fundamental Right under Article 21a of Indian Constitution ,that every child has right to get a free Education from 6 to 14 years age.
- School Management Committees to ensure all girl child enroll.
- Identify problems faced by girl-child in coming to school e.g. taking care of siblings, collection of water-firewood, transport-safety, separate toilets, lack of uniform and textbooks and so on. Then help accordingly.
- Introduce syllabus with gender equality.
- Providing Equal Opportunities for Girls so that they can get a Good Education
Protection of Girl Child Against Exploitation
- POSCO= Protection of children from sexual offenses Act 2012.
- Strictly implement POSCO Act to save girl-child from sexual abuse.
- Shelters ,Swadhar Grih,Working women Hostel And Many More
- Make community Watch Dog group of Women -to Ensure a Safe And Protective Environment for Girl Child
Some More Methods to Promote Girl child Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme-
- Prevent Child Marriage and Dowry Practices
- Celebrate birth of girl-child similar to Lohri
- Discourage the first preference to son. Allow daughters to perform last rites of parents.
- Promote Girl Child With The Help of Social Media,Advertisements, Awareness Material and Many More
- Promote concept of Ardhangini (equal life partner), and Encourage equal property rights.
Topic 2-Sukanya Samridhi Account
- Minor bank account for girl child below the age of 10.
- She can withdraw 50% of the money after reaching age of 18 e.g. for higher education.
- 18 years deadline will also help preventing child-marriages.
- Although scheme is silent- on whether account money will be forfeited if child marriage done.
- For initial account opening, minimum deposit Rs.1000 required.
- Later, any amount in multiple of 100 can be deposited
- maximum Rs. 1.5 lakh per year can be Deposited Into Account
- Interest rate: 9.1% compounded annually.
- No income tax for this year.
- Account can be opened via post office or commercial banks, Account will remain operative until she reaches 21 age.
- This is small-deposit scheme .
- It is a subpart of Beti Bachao campaign.