Can an IAS Officer Change his Allocated Cadre pdf -Latest updates -Generally, an IAS/IPS officer cannot get his home cadre. However, there is a very slim chance of it. This is possible only if you get a very high rank and then there are vacancies in your home state for your category in that year.
In addition, you should have given your first preference as your home state. On top of that, the government maintains an outsider to insider ratio of IAS officers in a state as 2:1.
So, as you can see, there is a very minute chance of an IAS officer being allocated his home cadre. In other cases, the home state is never allocated to the candidate. There are a few instances wherein an officer can change his cadre. This article talks about how an IAS officer can change his allocated cadre.
Rules of cadre-changing in the civil services are given below:
- An officer can request for a change in his cadre on marriage to another officer of a different cadre.
- Here, he would not be allowed his home cadre.
- In case of inter-cadre transfer on grounds of marriage, first attempt should be to ensure that the cadre of his spouse accepts the officer.
- If both spouse’s cadres don’t accept either of the officers, the government will consider transfer to a third cadre.
- This kind of inter-cadre transfer is possible only if both spouses are IAS officers. It is not permitted if an IAS officer marries any other central/state/public sector undertaking employee.
- Change of cadre on grounds of extreme hardships is also permitted. Even here, transfer to home state is not allowed.
- Another option is deputation to another cadre. Here, an officer may be deputed to his home cadre. But for this, he/she has to have completed 9 years in service. Also, the maximum term for which he/she can stay in the home cadre is 5 years and generally, not for more than 3 years at a stretch.
- The power to approve inter cadre transfers on the grounds of marriage has been delegated to secretary, Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT). Exceptional cases are referred to the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC).
- In case both spouses belong to two different all India services where one is an IAS, the case would be processed in the DoPT. But if one belongs to the IPS and the other is an IFoS, the case would be considered in the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Recently, Prime Minister Narendra Modi changed the service rules to allow married IAS and IPS officers to be in the same cadre state irrespective of their home state.Can an IAS Officer Change his Allocated Cadre pdf -Latest updates
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page
Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .