Climate performance index Pdf India Ranked 20th -CCPI 2017
Climate performance index Pdf India Ranked 20th -CCPI 2017 –Climate performance index Pdf India Ranked 20th -CCPI 2017 – Hello friends Welcome To StudyDhaba.Com . Here We are Sharing Climate performance index Ranking .
- India has been ranked 20th on Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) 2017 according to Germanwatch and Climate Action Network Europe Publication.
- This upward rank of India indicates that India is making “great efforts” in the fields of renewables and energy efficiency and confirms a boost for renewable energy and positive developments in energy efficiency.
The publication also indicated that while these encouraging trends are happening on a global scale, the necessary energy revolution is still happening too slowly.
- According to the publication Morocco (rank eight) continued its upward trend with massive investments in renewable energy and ambitious mid-term and long-term targets.
- Positive trends are seen as well among emerging economies of G20 like India (rank 20), Argentina (36) and Brazil (40), which all improved their ranking.
- Some developing countries like Morocco, India, and South Africa are starting to catch up and are already making great efforts in the fields of renewables and energy efficiency.
- In terms of climate policy, India, Sweden, Luxembourg, Norway, and Germany managed to hold their positions.
- Although, India belongs to the ten largest CO2 emitting countries, per capita emissions are still relatively low, resulting in a good performance in this category.
- National experts value that the Indian government runs one of the largest renewable capacity expansion programs in the world, which leads to a good policy performance for the country.
- Canada (55), Australia (57) and Japan (60) are in the bottom group rated very poor in the index while Japan once again dropped two places as national experts criticize their government for a very poor climate policy.
The Climate Change Performance Index(CCPI)
- The Climate Change Performance Index is an instrument designed to enhance transparency in international climate politics and aims to put political and social pressure on those countries which have, up until now, failed to take ambitious action on climate protection.
- On the basis of standardized criteria, the index evaluates and compares the climate protection performance of 58 countries that together are responsible for about 90% of global energy-related CO2 emissions.
In Pdf File This Post is Explained In Full Details -To Download Pdf File Click On The Download Button given below