Coronavirus Pdf | China Coronavirus In India, Symptoms, Treatment Etc China Is Struggling to Tackle Corona Virus Which Is Spreading Very Fast In China and Its Neighbor Countries . In Wuhan City of China More than 300 people are Admitted In Hospital And So many people Died Due To This Virus In China . According to World health Organization New Kind Of Corona Virus Has Caused Pneumonia Outbreak In Wuhan City of China . Coronavirus Pdf | Coronavirus In India, Thermal Screening, SARS, MERS
BACKGROUND – Coronavirus Pdf
- Coronaviruses were first described in the 1960s from the nasal cavities of patients with the common cold.
- These viruses were subsequently named human coronavirus 229E and human coronavirus OC43.
- Two further members of this family have been identified (HCoV NL63 in 2004 and HKU1 in 2005) and they have been involved in more serious respiratory tract infections.
What Is Coronavirus ?
According to scientists, the coronavirus belongs to the family of viruses that are resultant in deadly infections, including Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERSA) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).
- The coronavirus is a family of viruses that can cause a range of illnesses in humans including common cold and more severe forms like SARS and MERS which are life-threatening.
- The virus is named after its shape which takes the form of a crown with protrusions around it and hence is known as coronavirus.
- Human Coronvirus were First Identified in 1960 , Till Today Total 6 Types of Corona Viruses are Found In World that can Infect People.
- These viruses are zoonotic, which means they are transmitted from animals to humans.
2019 Novel Coronavirus, or 2019-nCoV, is a new respiratory virus first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China.
Total cases:300+ (approx)
- Wuhan: 258
- Beijing: 05
- Guangdong: 14
- Shanghai: 02
- Tianjin: 02
- Thailand: 02
- Japan: 01
- South Korea: 01
- Taiwan: 01
What is a novel coronavirus?
- A novel coronavirus (CoV) is a new coronavirus that has not been previously identified.
What is the meaning of word ‘corona’ in it?
- The name is derived from the Latin corona, meaning crown or halo, and refers to the characteristic Appearance under microscope with a fringe of large, bulbous surface projections creating an image similar of a royal crown or of the solar corona.
How many strains are currently known that infect human?
- Currently there are seven known strains of Coronaviruses that infect humans.
What are the other names of Wuhan Coronavirus?
- The other names include Chinese pneumonia outbreak or the Wuhan pneumonia or Wuhan flu.
What is the source of 2019 Novel Coronavirus? – Coronavirus Pdf
- While the exact source (i.e. the animal from which it started) of 2019-nCoV is yet to be identified
- In other strains of Coronoviruses have previously been seen to be transmitted from civet cats to humans (in the case of SARS-CoV) and from dromedary camels to humans (in the case of MERS-CoV).
- In Earlier Phase of Investigation Medical team of China Claim That this Novel Corona Virus Spread From Seadfood Market Animals.
- The WHO had earlier said there was no clear evidence of any human-to-human transmission of this virus, but on January 20, Chinese health officials confirmed they have identified some cases of human-to-human transmission.
Types Of Common Corona viruses Are
- 229E Alpha Coronvirus
- NL63 Alpha Corona Virus
- OC43 Beta Corona Virus
- HKU1 Beta Corona Virus
Antibodies For Corona Virus – Coronavirus pdf
- Antibodies for a Corona Virus Do Not Last Very Long Time . A Person Can Catch this Virus again Within Few Months .
- Also Antibodies Of One Strain may Be Ineffective Against Another Strain Of Corona Virus .
WHAT CAN 2019-nCoV DO? – Symptoms – Coronavirus Pdf
The WHO has listed the following common signs observed in people infected by 2019-nCoV:
- Shortness of breath and breathing difficulties
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome
- Kidney failure
Corona Virus Transmission
Though these viruses are zoonotic – transmitted from animals to humans- there is evidence of respiratory transmission of the novel coronavirus from human to human as well.
Human coronaviruses most commonly spread from an infected person to others through:
- The air by coughing
- Close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands.
- Touching an object or surface with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose, or eyes before washing your hands.
Vaccination Of Corona Virus
- Right Now There is No Vaccine For Virus Which is Spreading Very Fast .
About Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS): Coronavirus Pdf
- The Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) is a viral respiratory disease caused by a novel coronavirus. It was first identified in Saudi Arabia in 2012.
- Typical MERS symptoms comprise fever, cough and shortness of breath. Pneumonia is common, but not always present. Gastrointestinal symptoms, including diarrhoea, have also been stated.
- Though the majority of human cases of MERS have been accredited to human-to-human infections, camels are likely to be the main reservoir host for MERS-CoV and an animal source of MERS infection in humans. However, the precise role of camels in the transmission of the virus and the exact route of transmission is unknown.
- The virus does not seem to pass easily from person to person unless there is close contact, such as occurs when providing unprotected care to a patient.
- MERS-CoV is a zoonotic virus, which means it is a virus that is transmitted between animals and people.
About Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome ( SARS )
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is a serious form of pneumonia. Infection with the SARS virus causes acute respiratory distress (severe breathing difficulty) and sometimes death.
SARS usually begins with flu-like signs and symptoms — fever, chills, muscle aches, headache and occasionally diarrhea. After about a week, signs and symptoms include:
- Fever of 100.5 F (38 C) or higher
- Dry cough
- Shortness of breath
Coronavirus In India | Coronavirus Outbreak In India Latest updates
- Three Suspected Patient Of Coronavirus are Put Under Observations in Delhi Hospital RML.
- Thermal screening is being done at seven designated airports—New Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Kochi. Till Monday, a total 33,552 passengers arriving in India from China in 155 flights have been screened, PTI reported.
- There are So Many cases Are Coming in Highlights in Recent Times From Chandigarh, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Kerala And Kolkata.
- One Thai Woman Died in kolkata Due to Coronavirus.
What Is Thermal Screening ? Why It Is used For Coronavirus Infected Patients Screening ?
- All live objects emit infrared energy or heat.
- Unlike regular cameras that record light reflected by objects, thermal cameras use heat sensors that can record heat generated by the body of a person or an object to create a 2D image with differing temperature levels.
- When a person stands before the cameras, on the computer screens the hotter objects are highlighted with a different colour palette than the rest.
- These cameras can be calibrated to detect abnormal body temperatures such as over 101 degrees.
- Every pixel of the image has a temperature associated with it, so a higher resolution camera scan offers more detailed images.
When did airports start using them?
- This isn’t the first time when thermal scanning is being used to screen the higher body temperature related to the infections that can cause an epidemic In A Particular Country Or World.
- During the 2002-03 outbreak of SARS virus, airports in Singapore and China deployed them and have been using them since.
- Mumbai was one of the first Indian airports to use them during the swine flu outbreak in 2009.
- During the 2014 Ebola outbreak in West Africa, many countries including India used the cameras.
- India is said to have these cameras at its major international airports.
- Heat scanners at Nigerian airports was one of the reasons the African country remained Ebola-free.
Why are thermal scanners used to screen coronavirus?
- Main Reason Of using Thermal Screening For corona virus Infected People Is Because if We Will Scan Eacha nd Every passenger with Thermometer Than it Will be A Nightmare for the Airport Staff.
- As We Know Millions People Daily Come and Go At Airports. Screening with Thermometer is Not Possible .
- But With Thermal Screen We Can Scan Large Crowd and Can Segregate Them On The Basis Of Body heat .
How effective are thermal scanners?
- Thermal cameras are effective only to the point of telling who has a higher body temperature or is running a high fever.
- It may not mean the person is infected with coronavirus.
Is Thermal Screening Dangerous For Body ( Radiation ) ?
- As far as their effect on the human body is concerned, these cameras are safe and discreet.
- There is no proven risk of any form of radiation.
Other Than Airports Where Else Thermal Screening Is Used ?
- Thermal imaging tech is widely used by law enforcement agencies and Militaries across the world.
- It was first used during the Korean War in 1950-53 to detect enemy soldiers in the dark.
- Firefighters in the US are known to use them to find people through dense smoke.
- In 2019, police in Minneapolis used them to detect and nab a gang of car thieves in the dark.
- Companies in the manufacturing and automotive sectors also use thermal cameras to check machines and equipment that might be at risk of catching fire.
|Military Use Thermal Screening||Police Use Thermal Screening|
|Firefighters Use Thermal Screening||Manufacturing Companies and Automotive Sectors Use Thermal Screening|
Latest Updates And News Of Coronavirus | Coronavirus Pdf
China confirms 81 deaths as coronavirus spreads to multiple countries
- Chinese authorities reported 81 deaths and over 2,500 confirmed cases
- The virus has spread to at least 11 other countries and regions
- Strict biosecurity measures have been put in place in parts of the world
- WHO declined to declare whether coronavirus is an international emergency
Coronavirus In India, Thermal Screening, SARS, MERS | Coronavirus Pdf |
To Download This Post In Pdf Format Click On Download Link Given below
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page
Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .|