Direct Taxes India PDF – Economics for SSC, IBPS, SBI, IAS,RBI
Direct Taxes India PDF – In the colloquial sense, a direct tax is one paid directly to the government by the persons (juristic or natural) on whom it is imposed (often accompanied by a tax return filed by the taxpayer).
What are the Types of Direct Taxes One Pays?
Direct taxes come in many shapes and forms. All of the below mentioned tax headings have two things in common – they are imposed directly and apply to every Indian citizen.
List of Direct Taxes in India:
- yojana Magazine February 2017 Pdf Download Hindi & English free
- Lucent Audio MP3 General Knowledge download -lucent gk 2018 audio
- Vision IAS Prelims Test Series 2017 Pdf Free Download -CSP 2017 Tests
- Yojana Magazine Pdf Download Hindi & English ,2018,2017,2016,2015
- Download India Yearbook 2016 PDF Released By Govt Of India
- Download UPSC Prelims 37 Years Previous Papers PDF Solution
- Download Indian Economy Ramesh Singh 8th Edition Pdf Free 2018
- Download Old NCERT books PDF Free -Hindi & English -UPSC,SSC
- Indian Government Schemes pdf 2017,2018 -Modi Govt Schemes 2018
- IBPS PO 2017 Study Plan pdf – IBPS PO 2017 30 Days Study Pla
- Income tax is the most common and most important tax that an Indian must pay.
- It is charged directly on the income of a person.
- The rate at which it is charged varies, depending on the level of income.
- It’s charged to individuals, co-operative societies, firms, companies, Hindu Undivided Families (HUFs), trusts and any artificial judicial person.
- Income tax is charged on an income known as “taxable income”, which is:Taxable income = (total income) – (applicable deductions and exemptions).
The different heads of income under which income tax is chargeable are:
- Income from house and property.
- Income from business or profession.
- Income from salaries.
- Income in the form of capital gains.
- Income from other sources.
- Levied on companies who exist as separate entities from their shareholders.
- Foreign companies are taxed on income that arises, or is deemed to arise, in India.
- It is charged on royalties, interest, gains from sale of capital assets located in India, fees for technical services and dividends.
- Includes Minimum Alternative Tax (MAT) which was introduced to bring Zero Tax companies under the income tax net, whose accounts were made in accordance with the Companies Act.
- Includes Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT) which is a tax that companies pay on the fringe benefits provided (or deemed to have been provided) to employees.
- Incudes Dividend Distribution Tax (DDT) which is a tax levied on any amount declared, distributed or paid as dividend by any domestic company. International companies are exempt from this tax.
- Includes Securities Transaction Tax (STT) which is a tax levied on taxable securities transactions. There is not surcharge applicable on this.
Wealth Tax -Direct Taxes India PDF – Economics for SSC, IBPS, SBI, IAS,RBI
- Wealth tax is charged on the benefits derived from property ownership.
- The same property will be taxed every year on its current market value.
- Wealth tax is charged whether the property in earning an income or not.
- The tax is levied on the individuals, HUFs, and companies alike.
- Chargeability depends on residential status.
The following will not be taxed as they are “working assets”:
- Assets held as stock in trade.
- Property held as a commercial complex.
- Gold deposit bonds.
- House property held for business or profession.
- House property let out over 300 days in a year.
Capital Gains Tax
- Taxed on the income derived from the sale of assets or investments.
- Capital investments cover homes, farms, businesses, works of art, etc.
- Capital gains = (money received from sale) – (cost of capital investment).
- Categorized as short-term gains (gains on assets sold within 36 months of acquisition) and long-term gains (gains on assets sold after 36 months of acquisition and holding).
- Voluntary tax that is paid by the taxpayer when the asset it sold.
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page
Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .