Discuss Salient features of Motor Vehicles Amendment Bill 2017 – GS Paper 2 – Recently Indian government Passed Motor Vehicle bill . In this Post We will Share All important features Of Motor vehicle Amendment bill . This topic is important for UPSC prelims And Mains GS Paper 2.
Discuss Salient features of Motor Vehicles Amendment Bill 2017 – GS Paper 2
Features Of Motor Vehicle Amendment Bill 2017
- Good Samaritans – People coming forward to help accident victims will be protected from civil or criminal
- It will also be optional for them to disclose their identity to the police or medical personnel.
- Accountability – Contractors, consultants and civic agencies will be accountable for faulty design, construction or poor maintenance of roads leading to accidents.
- Manufacturers can be fined up to Rs 500 crore in case of sub-standard components or engine.
- Removal of intermediaries – The Bill seeks to take the license issuing process online. Tests for driving licences will be automated, and learner‘s licences will be issued online.
- Fund – A Motor Vehicle Accident Fund is proposed to be created. It will provide compulsory insurance cover to all road users in India for certain types of accidents.
- Penalties & Compensation – The penalties for violations and compensation to families have been increased substantially from the present amounts.
- Aggregators – Aggregators are as yet unregulated in India, and this Bill seeks to change that.
- This Bill made it optional for State governments to follow central guidelines while issuing licences to aggregators.
- Aggregators, however, now have to be compliant with the Information Technology Act, 2000.
- Insurance – The Bill removes the cap on liability for third-party insurance introduced in the 2016 version of