Download haryana Current Affairs PDF 2016 Free
Download haryana Current Affairs PDF 2016 Free
Haryana Government decides to rename Gurgaon as Gurugram
- Haryana Government has decided to rename Gurgaon as Gurugram.
- State government also has renamed Mewat as Nuh. In this regard, Chief Minister Manohar Lal has approved the proposal to change the names of Gurgaon and Mewat.
- Decision to change the name of Gurgaon has been taken on the basis of the representations received at several forums.
- Since ancient times, Gurgaon had been a centre of learning where the princes used to get education and known as Gurugram since the times of Guru Dronacharya.
- The town had derived its name Gurugram from Guru Dronacharya, who was gifted the village as “gurudakshina” by the Pandavas, his students.
- In the course of time got distorted to Gurgaon.
- While, Mewat is not a town and in fact it is a geographical and cultural unit spread beyond Haryana in the adjoining States of Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan.
- The Headquarters of Mewat district is at Nuh town.
- The elected representatives and the people of area had been demanding that the name of Mewat be changed as Nuh.
THESE NAMES ARE AS PER ANCIENT HISTORY OF HARYANA.
- Panipat- Panprastha
- Jind Jayantipuri
- Rewari- Revavari
Union Government gives nod to India’s first Metrino Pod Taxi project
Download haryana Current Affairs PDF 2016 Free
The Union Government has approved country’s first Metrino Pod project i.e. personal rapid transit (PRT) network for Gurgaon, Haryana. It was announced by Haryana Public Works (Building and Roads) Minister, Rao Narbir Singh. It will be completely private project and as for financing, the entire investment will be made by the private company that sets up the PRT.
- The pilot project will span a 13 km stretch from the Gurgaon-Delhi border to Badshahpur Mod on Sohna Road.
- The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) has submitted the feasibility report for this project.
- The private company implementing project will recover its investment in 25 years through tickets.
- The fare of Metrino Pod taxi would be similar to that of Metro.
What is Personal rapid transit (PRT) network?
- A PRT network is made up of small automated vehicles (dubbed as pod) running at close intervals on a guideway with docking stations for passengers to get on and get off.
- The pod can accommodate up to five people.
- The average speed of the pods is 60 kmph Passengers have an option to hire an entire pod that will take a passenger straight to the destination, skipping the scheduled stops.
Haryana First Agriculture University Foundation Stone was laid Down At Karnal
- Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister Radha Mohan Singh laid the foundation stone of Haryana State University of Horticultural Sciences at Karnal.
- It is the first Horticulture University in the state that will cater the needs to support the gap between research, teaching and extension activities in the state.
Key facts -Download haryana Current Affairs PDF 2016 Free
- The Horticulture University will be built on 118 acres to disseminate latest technology and horticulture education to the young generation.
- It will help in improving productivity levels by promoting adaptation of appropriate crop diversification to suit the agro climatic conditions of the region.
- It will also act as a skill development centre in order to cater the larger demand for skilled (trained) manpower in the production, post-harvest and processing industries.
Haryana Current Affairs Haryana Assembly passes bills for mandatory educational criteria for urban local bodies elections
The Haryana Legislative Assembly has unanimously passed two bills to make minimum educational qualification criteria mandatory for the urban local bodies election (ULBs). These bills are
- (i) The Haryana Municipal (Amendment) Bill, 2016
- (ii) Haryana Municipal Corporation (Amendment) Bill, 2016.
These bill seeks to amend the amend Section 13 A of the Haryana Municipal Act, 1973 and Section 8 of the Haryana Municipal Corporation Act, 1994 respectively.
Key features of the Haryana Municipal (Amendment) Bill, 2016
- Minimum educational qualification for a candidate contesting ULBs election in the general category would be Class X i.e. matriculation.
- Female candidate from open category and a male candidate from Scheduled Caste (SC) will be required to be at least 8th standard pass.
- Minimum educational qualification for SC women candidates will be 5th standard pass.
- Candidate should not be convicted or have charges framed against him in a criminal case by a court for an offence punishable with imprisonment for not less than 10 years.
- There should be no pending arrears of electricity bills against the candidate contesting the elections to ULBs.
- Candidates must have a functional toilet at their residence.
Haryana New Secretariat Building gets first Earthquake Warning System in country
- Haryana’s New Secretariat Building in Chandigarh has become first building in the country to have an early Earthquake Warning and Security system (onsite).
- The system was installed by New Delhi based Terra Techcom Private Limited and Secretary Electronics GmbH, Germany.
- The system can provide crucial seconds for evacuation in event of an earthquake and is already being used in 26 countries around the world.
- It works on the principle of detection of primary and secondary seismic waves of an earthquake.
- The primary waves are fastest kind of seismic wave and are the initial vertical movements beneath the earth that do not cause any damage.
- They are soon followed by secondary waves that travel beneath the earth horizontally and have the potential to cause damage.
- They are generally known to us as an earthquake.
- The system detects intensity of the primary waves and gives out warning alarm only when the intensity of the secondary waves is high enough to potentially cause damage.
Haryana set to become first state to complete Aquifer mapping
- Haryana is set become the first state in the country to complete aquifer mapping for its groundwater resources by May 2016.
- Aquifer is an underground layer of water-bearing rock from which groundwater can be extracted.
- It is scientific mapping of aquifers to asses the groundwater situation.
- Objective: To prepare management plans in consultation with stakeholders and state governments to take measures to replenish the declining groundwater.
- Nodal Agency: This aquifer mapping is undertaken by the Central Ground Water Board (CGWB) on the scale of 1:50,000 in 3D.
- Technology: For this purpose, CGWB is using advanced technologies like heli-borne geophysical surveys and sophisticated software for preparing management plans.
- Target: CGWB has set target to complete the aquifer mapping of the entire country by 2022.
- In the first phase (to be completed by 2017), 8 states have been selected for this kind of scientific mapping where groundwater situation has already reached a critical level.
- These states are Haryana, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Karnataka, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Telangana.
Haryana, South Korea to collaborate on technology, development
- Haryana and South Korean state of Chungcheongbuk have agreed to enter into a sister-statehood relationship for development.
- In this regard, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar accepted the proposal for such a relationship made by a visiting South Korean delegation.
- South Korean state is also looking to have a close relationship with Haryana in the field of technology.
- Besides, Haryana government also invited South Korean investors and businesses to the 2016 Happening Haryana Global Investors Summit scheduled to be held in Gurgaon in March 2016.
Haryana signs 11 MoUs on opening day of Global Investors’ Summit
Haryana Government has signed 11 Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) involving a total investment of Rs 18,159 crores with different companies. These MoUs were signed in the presence of Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal on the first day of the two-day ‘Happening Haryana Global Investors’ Summit-2016’ held in Gurgaon.
Singed MoUs are
- MoU of Rs 15,000 crores investment with ICICI Bank for financial services.
- MoU of Rs 2,000 crore investment with Bharti Airtel for Electronics, Information Technology and Information Technology Enabled Services (ITeS).
- MoU of Rs 283 crores investment with Star Wire (India) Limited for manufacturing special and critical steel adopting high-tech technologies.
- Rs 200 crores investment MoU with Minda Kosei Aluminium Wheel Private Limited for automobile parts, alloy wheels.
- Rs 150 crores investment MoU with Plasser India Private Limited for manufacturing unit for track maintenance machines.
- Rs 190 crore investment MoU with Honda for worker housing.
- MoUs of Rs 100 crores each were signed with Minda Industries Limited and Mindarika Private Limited for automobile parts switches.
- Rs 80 crores investment MoU was signed with T.G. Minda Private Limited for automobile parts rubber hoses.
Haryana Government appointed two-member inquiry panel to probe into Jat quota stir
- Haryana government set up a two-member Commission of Inquiry headed by Retired Justice S N Jha, former Chief Justice of Jammu to probe the sequence of events leading to violence during the Jat agitation for reservation in February.
- The commission is formed under the Commissions of Inquiry Act, 1952.Another Inquiry Commission, headed by retired IPS officer Parkash Singh, is already probing into the lapses on part of government officials in tackling the Jat agitation and subsequent arson.
Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana notified by Haryana Government
- Haryana government has notified the Affordable Plotted Housing Policy 2016 for low and medium standard towns under Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana.
- This is to achieve the goal of providing houses for all which will facilitate creation of additional affordable housing stock in the low and medium potential towns of the state.
Haryana Government renames Gurgaon as Gurugram
- Manohar lal Khattar led Haryana government decided to rename Gurgaon district as Gurugram.
- The state government also decided to change the name of Mewat district to Nuh.
- The decision comes from government in the aftermath of the demands by people of the area.
Ex-Chhattisgarh HC Judge N K Agarwal likely to be next Haryana’s new Lokayukta
- Former Chief Justice of the Chhattisgarh High Court NK Aggarwal will be Haryana’s next Lokayukta.
- He succeeds Justice Pritam Pal .
- NK Aggarwal was recommended by a committee and has been approved by Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki
Govt decides Chandigarh to host International Yoga day
- Prime Minister led First International Yoga day was observed on 21st June and observed world over by millions on the same day.
- Now it is decided that Chandigarh the dual capital of Punjab and Haryana on June 21st of 2016 to host International Yoga day.
Gurgaon to get India’s first Metrino Pod Taxi project
The Central Government gave its stamp of approval to the nation’s first Metrino Pod project –A Personal Rapid Transit (PRT) network in Gurgaon, Haryana.
The announcement in this regard has been made by Haryana Public Works (Building and Roads) Minister Rao Narbir Singh.
- Project Outlay – Rs 850 crore • Speed of Pods – 60 km/hr • Financing of Project – It will be fully private project, so the financing will be made by the private company. Haryana Govt is not paying anything for this project.
- Stretch of project – It will cover a distance of 13 Kilometres from the Gurgaon-Delhi border to Badshapur Mod on Sohna Road with a total of 16 stations.
- Fare and accommodation – Each unit of Metrino taxi can put up five travelers and the fare is expected to be similar to Delhi Metro.