Download UPSC Mains 2015 Anthropology Questions Paper 1
Download UPSC Mains 2015 Anthropology Questions Paper 1 & 2 – Download UPSC Mains 2015 Anthropology Questions Paper 1 & 2
Anthropology Optional Paper Instructions
- Time Allowed: Three Hours Maximum Marks: 250
- There are EIGHT questions divided in TWO SECTIONS and printed both in HINDI arid in ENGLISH.
- Candidate has to attempt FIVE questions in all.
- Questions no. 1 and 5 are compulsory and out of the remitting, any THREE are to be attempted choosing at least ONE from each section.
- The number of marks carried by a question part is indicated against it.
- Answers must be written in the medium authorized in the Admission Certificate which must be stated clearly WI the Miler of this Question-cum-Answer-QC., Booklet in the space provided. No marks will be given for answers written in a medium other than the authorized one. Word limit in questions, wherever specified, should be adhered to
- Attempts of questions shall be counted in sequential order. Unless struck off, attempt of a question shall be counted even if attempted partly. Any page or portion of the page left blank in the Question-cum-Answer Booklet must be clearly struck off
Paper-1: SECTION-A -Download UPSC Mains 2015 Anthropology Questions Paper 1
Q1. Write notes on the following in about 150 words each:— 10 x 5 = 50 marks.
- Archaeological Anthropology.
- Society and Culture.
- Incest Taboos.
- Historical Particularism.
Q2: Answer the Following Questions
- Elucidate the biological and cultural factors in Human Evolution.
- How did Morgan explain the evolution of marriage, family and Socio-Political organization, and how did other evolutionists disagree with his explanation? 20
- How do diffusionism and evolutionism differ as explanations of Culture Change? 15
Q3: Answer the Following Questions
- Define family and critically examine the universality of family
- How do you relate the concepts of ‘Sacred’ and ‘Profane’ in Durkheim’s theory of religion with a focus on the role of totem? 15
- Explain the basic features of ‘Postmodernism’ in Anthropology. 20
Q4: Answer the Following Questions
- Critically examine the Formalists’ and Substantivists’ views on the applicability of economic laws in the study of primitive societies. 20
- Explain the difference between emic and etic, and how does the difference derive from the study of language? 10
- What made Geertz’s Interpretive Anthropology distinct from Turner’s Symbolic Anthropology? What does each of them mean by the terms ‘Symbol’ and ‘Symbolic’?
Paper-1: SECTION-B -Download UPSC Mains 2015 Anthropology Questions Paper 1
Q5. Write notes on the following in about 150 words each :— 10 x 5 = 50
- Palaeolithic culture.
- Down’s Syndrome.
- Longitudinal method of studying growth.
- Menopause and its impact.
- DNA technology in Medicine.
Q6. Answer The Following Questions
- Describe the salient characteristics and geographical distribution of Homo erectus. 20
- Critically examine Darwin’s theory of evolution in understanding evolution. 15
- Discuss chromosomal aberrations in man illustrating with examples. 15
Q7. Answer the Following Questions
- What is an anthropometric somatotype? Describe Heath and Carter’s method of somatotyping.
- Critically examine the physiological responses and acclimatization to cold climate in Man. 15
- Elucidate the role of Anthropology in selection and monitoring of sports persons. 15
Q8 -Answer the Following Questions
- Forensic Science can help in criminal investigations. Discuss. 20
- Define genetic polymorphism. Give details of its types with suitable examples. 15
- What do you understand by Immunogenetics? Explain with suitable examples. 15
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page
Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .