EBRD Pdf -European Bank for Reconstruction and Development pdf
EBRD Pdf –European Bank for Reconstruction and Development pdf -Founded in 1991, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) is an international financial institution.
- It was founded to support countries of the former Eastern Bloc in the process of establishing their private sectors.
- EBRD, as a multilateral development investment bank, uses investment as a tool in building market economies.
- EBRD is owned by the European Union (EU), European Investment Bank (EIB) and 65 other countries.
- Its initial focus was on the countries of the former Eastern Bloc. Gradually, it expanded to support more than 30 countries from central Europe to central Asia in their development.
- The biggest shareholders of EBRD are from the United States.
- The member countries of EBRD are distributed over five continents besides Europe.
- They are Australia, Africa, Asia, North America.
- The mandate of the EBRD works only in those countries that are committed to democratic principles.
- It does not finance stand-alone gambling facilities, substances banned by international law, selected alcoholic products, defence-related activities and the tobacco industry.
Advantages of getting a membership of EBRD to India: