Electoral Bond Scheme Pdf : All You Need to Know For UPSC,Banking – Hello Friends Welcome to Studydhaba.com . Here We are sharing One Of the Most important Scheme For UPSC Exam,Banking Exam and SSC Exam. This Scheme is Electoral Bond Scheme .
Electoral Bond Scheme Pdf : All You Need to Know For UPSC,Banking
Electoral Bond is an interest-free financial instrument, in the nature of a promissory note, for making donations to political parties. These bonds are issued on a non-refundable basis and are not available for trading.
Electoral Bond Scheme
Electoral Bond Scheme was announced in the Union Budget 2017-18 in order to “cleanse the system of political funding in the country”. The scheme was announced with the aim of rooting out the current system of anonymous cash donations to make political funding transparent.
Govt. of India, in a notification, described that electoral bond means,
“a bond issued in the nature of promissory note which shall be a bearer banking instrument and shall not carry the name of the buyer or payee”
- The Electoral Bond Scheme, thus, addresses the concerns of donors to remain Anonymousto the general public or to rival political parties.
- No details of the donor nor of the intended political beneficiary can be made out.
- So electoral bond cannot be identified or Associatedwith any particular buyer or political party.
Who can purchase Electoral Bonds?
The Electoral Bonds under this Scheme may be purchased by a Person, who is a Citizen of India or Incorporated or Established in India.
In what denominations the Electoral Bonds are sold?
- It shall be issued/purchased for any value, in multiples of Rs.1,000, Rs.10,000, Rs.1,00,000, Rs.10,00,000 and Rs.1,00,00,000 from the Specified Branches of the State Bank of India (SBI), but only against cheque and digital payments.
- It cannot be purchased by paying cash. Donors, with a KYC-compliant account, can purchase and donate the bonds to their Party of choice.
- Parties receiving bonds can redeem them only through a designated bank account
What is the validity of Electoral Bonds?
- The validity of Electoral Bonds shall be 15 days from the Date of Issue i.e., these bonds shall be redeemable in the designated account of a political party within 15 days from the date of issuance of bond.
- No payment shall be made to any payee political party if bond is deposited after expiry of validity period.
Who can redeem these Electoral Bonds?
- The Electoral Bonds can be redeemed only by an eligible Political Party (registered under Section 29A of the Representation of the People Act, 1951) by depositing the same in theirDesignated Bank Account maintained with Authorised Bank (SBI is the Sole Authorized Bank by the Government of India for selling Electoral Bonds).
- As per the suggestion made by the Election Commission, a political party can receive maximum Rs. 2000 in cash donation from one person.
- Any amount higher than this has to be paid via cash-less methods such as cheque, NEFT/RTGS, Electoral Bonds etc.
- This scheme is expected to bring about greater transparency and accountability in political funding, while preventing future generation of black money.
Note: The Electoral Bonds under the Scheme shall be available for purchase for a period of 10 days each in the months of January, April, July and October.
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page
Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .