Floods Notes -Reasons of Floods In India
Floods Notes -Reasons of Floods In India
Floods Notes -Reasons of Floods In India -A flood is an overflow of water on land. Sometimes a river might receive extra water, either from heavy rains or other natural disasters. When this happens, the water overflows from its normal path in the river bed and onto the dry land. This is called a flood. Flash floods happen quickly. Extreme flooding can also be caused by a tsunami or a large storm that will cause the sea to surge inland. The most deadly flood was in 1931 in China and it had killed about 2,500,000 people.
During a flood, people should move themselves and their most precious belongings to higher ground quickly. The process of leaving homes in search of a safe place is called evacuation. Floods occur at irregular intervals and vary in size, duration and the affected area.
Water naturally flows from high areas to low lying areas. This means low-lying areas may flood quickly before it begins to get to the higher ground.
- yojana Magazine February Pdf Download Hindi & English free
- Lucent Audio MP3 General Knowledge download -lucent gk 2018 audio
- Vision IAS Prelims Test Series Pdf Free Download -CSP 2017 Tests
- Yojana Magazine Pdf Download Hindi & English ,2018,2017,2016,2015
- Download India Yearbook PDF Released By Govt Of India
- Download UPSC Prelims 37 Years Previous Papers PDF Solution
- Download Indian Economy Ramesh Singh 8th Edition Pdf Free 2018
- Download Old NCERT books PDF Free -Hindi & English -UPSC,SSC
- Indian Government Schemes pdf 2017,2018 -Modi Govt Schemes 2018
- IBPS PO 2017 Study Plan pdf – IBPS PO 30 Days Study Plan
- Hindi Optional Material Download – Free UPSC Materials Download
- Food Processing Industry pdf Importance,Challenges,Present Scenario
- Organic Farming pdf – Organic Farming In India,Advantages,Types
- RRB ALP Syllabus 2018 Pdf – RRB Assistant Loco Pilot Syllabus
- Whenever there are more rains than the drainage system can take, they can cause floods.
- In 2016 There Were Floods In Many States of India.
River over Flow
- Rivers can overflow their banks to cause a flood.
- This can happen when there is more water upstream than usual, and as it flows downstream to the adjacent low-lying areas there is a burst and water gets into the land.
Strong Winds In Coastal Areas
- Sea water can be carried by massive winds and hurricanes onto the dry coastal lands and cause flooding.
- This is made worse if the winds carry rains with themselves.
- Sometimes water from the sea resulting from a tsunami can flow inland to cause damage.
- Dams are man-made structures mounted to hold water flowing down from a highland to a lowland.
- The power in the water is used to turn propellers to generate electricity.
- Sometimes, too much water held up in the dam can cause it to break and cause overflow in the area.
- Excess water can also be intentionally released from the dam to prevent it from breaking and that can also cause floods.
Ice and snow melts
- In cold regions, heavy snow over the winter usually stays unmelted for sometime.
- There are also mountains that have a ice cap on them.
- Sometimes the ice suddenly melts when the temperature rises, resulting in massive movement of water into places that are usually dry.
- This is usually called a snowmelt flood
Please Disable Ad Blocker – This Is the Only Source For Running This Website
Follow US On Telegram For Latest Materials
UPSC IAS Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba
SSC Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhabaSSC
IBPS Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhabaIBPS
Railway Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhabaRailway
Medical Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhabaMedical
Teaching Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhabaTeaching
Engineering Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhabaEngineering
Defence Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhabaDefence
Donate Here For Free Study Materials
Share Study Materials With Us Or Contact Us If You Have Any Query
EContact US – email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .StudyDhaba Will Not Be Responsible . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .