Framing of indian Constitution – Indian Polity Notes Lucent, Laxmikanth -Framing of indian Constitution – Indian Polity Notes Lucent, Laxmikanth
Framing of indian Constitution
The present constitution of India was framed by the Constitution Assembly of India setup under Cabinet Mission Plan of May 16, 1946.Demand for the constitution was first time raised by congress in 1935 .This offer was accepted by British Government first time in year 1940 in the August offer.The seats were allotted to three communities –
Composition of Constituent Assembly:-
- The Constituent Assembly consisted of 389 members, of which 296 were elected by he elected members of the Provincial Legislative Assemblies while 93 members were nominated by the Princely States. To these were to be added a representative each from the four Chief Commissioners Provinces of Delhi, Ajmer-Marwar, Coorg and British Baluchistan.
- Each Province and each Indian State or group of States were allotted the total number of seas proportional to their respective population roughly in the ration of one to a million.
- The first meeting of framing of indian constitution was held on 9 December 1946 with Sachhidanand sinha As interim president.
- on 11th December 1946 Dr.Rajendra Prasad was elected as president of constituent Assembly.
- The historic objective resolution was moved by Jawahar lal Nehru on 13 th December 1946.
- The First meeting of constituent assembly was boycotted by Muslim League.
- B N Rao was appointed the Constitutional Advisor of the Assembly.
- Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar is regarded as the Father of Indian constitution .
- The first meeting of the Constituent Assembly took place of Dec 9, 1946 with Dr. Sachidanand Sinha as its interim President. Dr. Rajendra Prasad was elected as its President n Dec 11, 1947.
- The Assembly framing the Constitution.had 13 Committees.
- The all-important Drafting Committee, which bore the responsibility of drafting the Constitutional document during the recess of the Constitutent Assembly, from July 1947 to September 1948, was formed on August 29, 1947. Its members were:
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
- N. Gopalaswami Ayyar
- K.M. Munshi
- Syyed Mohd. Saadulla
- N.Madhav Rao
- D.P.Khaitan (T Krishnamachari, after Kahitan’s Death in 1948)
- It was finally passed and accepted on Nov 26, 1949. The session of the Assembly was held on Jan 24, 1950, which unanimously elected Dr, Rajendra Prasad as the President of India. In all the 284 members of the Assembly signed the official copies of the Indian Constitution which came into effect on Jan 26, 1950, known and celebrated as the Republic Day of India.
- The constitution approved by constituent assembly was signed by the 284 members .
- It is considered as the lengthiest constitution of world.
- originally it had 22 Parts,395 Articles and 8 schedules.
- The constituent assembly held 11 Sessions.
- The constituent Assembly took 2 years 11 months and 18 days to frame constitution .
- The first election of parliament was held in 1952.
- The first Amendment to the indian constitution was effected in 1951.
Important committee and their chairman
- Drafting committee – Bhim Rao Ambedkar
- Committee for negotiating with States – Dr. Rajendra Prasad
- Union constitution Committee – Jawahar Lal Nehru
- Committee on Fundamental rights and minorities – Sardar patel
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page
Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .|