GATE 2020 Exam Date Release – Apply Online – Hello friends welcome to studydhaba.com. Here we are sharing GATE 2020 Exam Date , Pattern & paper . More details given below.

GATE 2020 Exam Date Release – Apply Online

GATE Online Application Processing System
(GOAPS) Website Opens
Tuesday3rd September 2019
Closing Date for Submission of (Online)
Application (through Website)
Tuesday24th September 2019
Extended Closing Date for Submission of
(Online) Application (through Website)
Tuesday1st October 2019
Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination
City (an additional fee will be applicable)
Friday15th November 2019
Admit Card will be available in the Online
Application Portal (for printing)
Friday3rd January 2020
GATE 2020 Examination
Forenoon: 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM (Tentative)
Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM (Tentative)
Saturday
Sunday
Saturday
Sunday
1st February 2020
2nd February 2020
8th February 2020
9th February 2020
Announcement of the Results in the Online
Application Portal
Monday16th March 2020

Click here to Apply Online

Qualification For GATE Exam 2020

  •  Graduate seeking admission and/or financial assistance to  Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and (ii) Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Science, in the institutions supported by the MHRD and other Government agencies
  • Even in some colleges and institutions, which admit students without MHRD scholarship/assistantship.
  •  Many Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have been using the GATE score in their recruitment process.
  • Many including MaharatnaNavratna and Mini-Ratna status  Government Organizations like Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL), Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCI) consider GATE Score for the recruitment.

GATE 2020 Papers

GATE PaperCode
Aerospace EngineeringAE
Agricultural EngineeringAG
Architecture and PlanningAR
Bio-medical EngineeringBM
BiotechnologyBT
Civil EngineeringCE
Chemical EngineeringCH
Computer Science and Information
Technology
CS
ChemistryCY
Electronics and Communication
Engineering
EC
Electrical EngineeringEE
Ecology and EvolutionEY
Geology and GeophysicsGG
Instrumentation EngineeringIN
MathematicsMA
Mechanical EngineeringME
Mining EngineeringMN
Metallurgical EngineeringMT
Petroleum EngineeringPE
PhysicsPH
Production and Industrial
Engineering
PI
StatisticsST
Textile Engineering and Fibre
Science
TF
Engineering SciencesXE*
Life SciencesXL**

GATE 2020 Exam Pattern 

  •  A candidate can appear for only one of the 25 GATE papers. The examination for all the papers will be conducted in an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT) mode.
  • All the papers of the GATE 2020 examination will be for 3 hours duration and they consist of 65 questions for a total of 100 marks.
  •  GATE 2020 would contain questions of two different types in all the papers:
  • Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all the papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which
  • the candidate has to select (mark) the correct answer.
  • For a wrong answer chosen in an MCQ, there will be negative marking. For 1-mark MCQ, 1/3 mark will be deducted. For 2-mark MCQ2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer
  • Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all the papers and sections. For these questions, the answer is a signed real number, which needs to beentered by the candidate using the virtual numeric keypad on the monitor (keyboard of the computer will be disabled). No choices will be shown for these types of questions.
  • There is NO negative marking for a wrong answer in NAT questions.

GATE 2020 Marks Distribution

  • Marks Distribution of GATE Exam differs from the Subject Codes
  • In all the papers, there will be a total of 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks will be on General Aptitude (GA), which is intended to test the Language and Analytical Skills.
  • In the papers bearing the codes AE, AG, BM, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TF and XE, the Engineering Mathematics carries 15% of the total marks, the General
  • Aptitude section is 15% of the total marks and the remaining around 70% of the total marks is for the subject of the paper.
  • In the papers bearing the codes- AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, ST and XL, the General Aptitude section carries 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.