Nil Rate – 0 Percent
- No tax will be imposed on items like fresh meat, fish chicken, eggs, milk, butter milk, curd, natural honey, fresh fruits and vegetables, flour, besan, bread, prasad, salt, bindi. Si door, stamps, judicial papers, printed books, newspapers, bangles, handloom etc
- Items such as fish fillet, cream, skimmed milk powder, branded paneer, frozen vegetables, coffee, tea, spices, pizza bread, rusk, sabudana, kerosene, coal, medicines, stent, lifeboats will attract a tax of 5 percent.
- Frozen meat products , butter, cheese, ghee, dry fruits in packaged form, animal fat, sausage, fruit juices, Bhujia, namkeen
- Ayurvedic medicines, tooth powder, agarbatti, colouring books
- picture books, umbrella, sewing machine, and cellphones will be under 12 per cent tax slab.
- Most items are under this tax slab which include flavoured refined sugar
- pasta, cornflakes, pastries and cakes, preserved vegetables
- jams, sauces, soups, ice cream, instant food mixes, mineral water
- tissues, envelopes, tampons, note books
- steel products, printed circuits, camera, speakers and monitors.
- Chewing gum, molasses, chocolate not containing cocoa
- waffles and wafers coated with chocolate, pan masala, aerated water, paint
- deodorants, shaving creams, after shave, hair shampoo
- dye, sunscreen, wallpaper, ceramic tiles, water heater
- dishwasher, weighing machine
- washing machine, ATM, vending machines
- vacuum cleaner, shavers, hair clippers
- automobiles, motorcycles, aircraft for personal use
- and yachts will attract 28 per cent tax – the highest under GST system.