GVK Rao Committee – GVK Rao committee was appointed by Planning Commission in 1985.
The committee come to Final conclusion that development process was gradually Bureaucratised and Divorced from the Panchayat Raj.
GVK Rao Committee
- The Committee on Administrative Arrangement for Rural Development and Poverty Alleviation Programmes under the chairmanship of G.V.K. Rao was appointed by the Planning Commission in 1985.
- The Committee came to conclusion that the developmental process was gradually bureaucratised and divorced from the Panchayati Raj.
- This phenomena of bureaucratisation of development administration as against the democratisation weakened the Panchayati Raj institutions resulting in what is aptly called as ‘grass without roots’.
- GVK Rao committee was appointed by Planning Commission in 1985.
- The committee come to Final conclusion that development process was gradually Bureaucratised and Divorced from the Panchayat Raj.
Some Major Recommendation By Committee
- The district level body, that is, the Zile Rarishad should be of pivotal importance in the scheme of democratic decentralisation. It stated that “the district is the proper unit for planning and development and the Zila Parishad should become the principal body for management of all development programmes which can be handled at that level.”
- The Panchayati Raj institutions at the district and lower levels should be assigned an important role with respect to planning, implementation and monitoring of rural development programmes.
- Some of the planning functions at the state level should be transferred to the district level planning units for effective decentralized district planning.
- A post of District Development Commissioner should be created. He should act as the chief executive officer of the Zila Parishad and should be in charge of all the development departments at the district level.
- Elections to the Panchayati Raj institutions should be held regularly. It found that elections became overdue for one or more tiers in 11 states.
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page
Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .|