High Speed Railway India – Advantages,Challenges[Must Prepare Topic] – The government of India recently decided to build a high-speed rail (HSR) corridor between Mumbai and Ahmadabad at a cost of Rs 97,636 crore with Japanese financial and technical assistance.
What do we understand by High-Speed Rail?
- The first such system began operations in Japan in 1964 and was widely known as the bullet train
- High-speed rail is a type of rail transport that operates significantly faster than traditional rail traffic, using an integrated system of specialized rolling stock and dedicated tracks
- While there is no single standard that applies worldwide
- New lines in excess of 250 kilometres per hour (160 mph) and Existing lines in excess of 200 kilometres per hour (120 mph) are widely considered to be high-speed.
High-Speed Rail in India
- India has Largest Rail Network In World
- India Do not Have Any Fastest train More than 160 Km ph
- India Has fastest Train between delhi And Mumbai with Average Speed 100 kmph and top Speed 160 kmph.
- India New High Speed Rail Corridor Will be Between Mumbai And Ahmedabad.
- This Will be 500 Km Distance .
- Proposed Speed is 320 Kmph.
Global Practice of High-Speed Rail
- Shinkansen has emerged as an invaluable part of Japan’s mobility and economy.
- With already a 22,000-km sprawling high-speed PDL (passenger dedicated lines) network, longest for any country.
- China is set to extend it to 30,000 km by 2020 when its total rail routes aggregate to 200,000 km.
- Less than a decade ago, China had no HSR; now its high-speed trains move twice as many passengers as its airlines, and the demand keeps growing.
For challenges And Advantages See Mind Map given in this post.
Hope You Will Like This Post . if you Like Please Share On Facebook,Twitter Or Any Social Platform Which you Follow .
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page
Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .|