Home Remedies to Improve Memory – Best For Students -In this Post we will Discuss about various Natural home Remedies through Which we can improve our Memory. We know Every Aspirant Face Many Problems in this competitive World Of Exams.
Many students get Stressed and lose their think Power.
This Is an Initiative From Our Side to Provide Some Health Related Information .
Home Remedies to Improve Memory – Best For Students
Almonds are an excellent Ayurvedic remedy to help improve memory and brainpower. They are rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids that boost memory. Due to their rich antioxidant content, almonds are good for your eyes, too.
- Soak 5 to 10 almonds in water overnight.
- The next morning, peel the skin and grind the almonds.
- Boil this paste with one glass of milk.
- Add some sugar or honey for taste.
- Drink it daily for 30 or 40 days.
Rosemary is another popular herb for improving weak memory. Even sniffing its aroma can help. In a 2013 study conducted at the University of Northumbria in England, researchers found that the aroma of rosemary can help improve prospective memory, which is critical for everyday functioning.
Prospective memory refers to the ability to remember to do something in the future (for example, remembering to get gas before a trip, return someone’s phone call, etc.)
- Steep one teaspoon of dried rosemary in a cup of boiling water for about five minutes. If you have fresh rosemary, steep a sprig in a teapot containing hot water for three to five minutes. Strain and add honey for taste, if desired. Drink it daily for a few weeks.
- You can also breathe in the aroma of rosemary oil or add a few drops of the oil to a room diffuser.
3. Black Seed (Nigella Sativa)
Black seeds (scientific name, Nigella Sativa), also called kalonji, have great mind-sharpening potential, thanks to their antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and neuron-protecting properties.
A study published in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology found that those who took two 500 mg capsules containing pure ground black seed powder daily showed improved cognition, memory and attention compared to those who took a placebo.
- Mix a little honey in one-half teaspoon of ground black seeds. Eat it twice daily for at least a few weeks.
- Alternatively, you can take this herb in supplement form after consulting your doctor.
4. Indian Gooseberry
Indian gooseberry, also called amla, is used in Ayurveda to enhance memory power and strengthen the nervous system.
A 2007 study published in the journal Physiology & Behavior found that an Ayurvedic preparation, Anwala churna can improve memory and help in the management of Alzheimer’s disease. Due to its high vitamin C and antioxidant content, amla also works as a good immune booster.
- Take one to three teaspoons of Anwala churna three times a day for at least a few weeks.
- Another option is to mix one teaspoon each of Indian gooseberry root powder and white sesame seeds, ground into a powder. Add one teaspoon of honey to this mixture. Eat it once daily for a few days.
This Ayurvedic herb has great mental benefits. It works as a brain tonic and has antioxidant and neuroprotective effects.
A 2008 study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine found that brahmi (scientific name bacopa monnieri) helped improve word recall memory and decrease depression and anxiety. The study was conducted on healthy individuals age 65 and older.
- Consume one to two teaspoons of juice extracted from brahmi leaves two or three times a day. You can also add a little honey.
- Alternatively, you can mix one-quarter to one-half teaspoon of brahmi powder in a cup of warm milk, add a pinch of cardamom and drink it once or twice daily. You can also add a little clarified butter, also called ghee.
- Another option is to take this herb as a supplement by taking 300 mg of standard extract daily. Consult your doctor first.
Follow any of these remedies for at least a few weeks.
6. Fish Oil
Fish oil supplements have been found to help improve memory and reduce cognitive decline, thanks to the high levels of omega-3 fatty acids. Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) found in fish oil may also help prevent the formation of brain plaques linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Take fish oil supplements, containing at least 600 mg DHA, daily. For proper dosage and suitability, consult your doctor.
- You can also include fatty fish like salmon, herring, mackerel and sardines in your diet.
7. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil can help fuel the brain cells and thus improve memory and cognitive function. It is also believed to help prevent dementia and fight against Alzheimer’s disease. In addition, it will boost your energy, reduce cholesterol and improve the health of your skin and hair.
- Eat one teaspoon of organic, cold-pressed, virgin coconut oil twice daily on a regular basis.
- You can also add coconut oil to your baking goods, salads and smoothies.
8. Cinnamon and Honey
Cinnamon and honey are good for relieving nervous tension and improving memory. Research indicates that simply smelling cinnamon can help enhance memory and cognitive function.
Plus, it is believed that eating honey at night before going to sleep helps prevent nocturnal metabolic stress. It also promotes sleep, which plays a critical role in the consolidation of memory.
- Mix a pinch of cinnamon in about one teaspoon of raw honey.
- Consume this mixture daily at night for at least a few months.
9. Flax Seed and Pumpkin Seed
For those who are vegetarians, flax seeds and pumpkin seeds are a great source of omega fatty acids, called ALA (alpha linolenic acid). Pumpkin seeds also contain zinc, which is likewise effective in sharpening memory and strengthening the brain.
Walnuts are a powerful source of polyunsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids, predominantly ALA (alpha linolenic acid). Manifold researches have revealed that consumption of a handful of walnuts every day can perk up memory function, concentration and cognitive abilities. Walnut is also rich in vitamin E that serves in maintaining age-related mental ailments
Studies have found that blueberry benefits our brain and memory as a whole. These berries are full of antioxidants that protect the brain from oxidative stress and damage. Blueberries enhance the communication between neurons, improve learning, memory and all cognitive functions, including decision making, reasoning, verbal understanding and arithmetical ability.
Another super food to increase memory is onion, which contains two effective antioxidants- anthocyanin and quercetin.
Apple should always be consumed with its skin, as the skin encloses high amount of antioxidant, called quercetin, which is useful in treating the early symptoms of Alzheimer’s. However, amongst red and green apples, red apples are more effective in rendering the brain power. Red apples have anthocyanin, which helps the brain to stay healthy and the memory to remain sharp.
Home Remedies to Improve Memory – Best For Students
- Eat a well-balanced and nutritious diet including vitamins A, B12, C, beta-carotene, folic acid, zinc, iron, calcium and magnesium.
- Avoid high-fat diets and replace saturated fats in your diet with healthy fats.
- Include herbs and spices like holy basil, turmeric and black pepper in your regular diet as they help boost memory. You can also drink green tea as it is full of antioxidants.
- Give your brain a workout by practicing brain exercises, such as solving a challenging Sudoku puzzle or crossword.
- Try mnemonic devices to help remember things better.
- Engage in regular physical exercise as it increases oxygen to the brain and stimulates nerve cells to multiply.
- Get proper sleep. Sleep deprivation compromises your brain’s ability to operate at full capacity.
- A few minutes of sun exposure can also help improve brain function as it provides vitamin D.
- Keep stress in check.
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page
Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .