Housing for All by 2022 Mission – National Mission for Urban Housing -Housing for All by 2022 Mission – National Mission for Urban Housing
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
National Urban Livelihoods Mission
Credit Risk Guarantee Fund (CRGF)
Rajiv Rinn Yojana
Socio-Economic and Caste Census
Old Schemes (RAY,AHP,JNNURM,RRY)
Housing for All by 2022 Mission – National Mission for Urban Housing
Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, gave its approval for launch of “Housing for All by 2022” aimed for urban areas with following components/options to States/Union Territories and cities:-
- Slum rehabilitation of Slum Dwellers with participation of private developers using land as a resource;
- Promotion of affordable housing for weaker section through credit linked subsidy;
- Affordable housing in partnership with Public & Private sectors and
- Subsidy for beneficiary-led individual house construction or enhancement.
Central Government Grant
- Central grant of Rs. one lakh per house, on an average, will be available under the slum rehabilitation programme.
- A State Government would have flexibility in deploying this slum rehabilitation grant to any slum rehabilitation project taken for development using land as a resource for providing houses to slum dwellers.
- Under the Credit Linked Interest Subsidy component, interest subsidy of 6.5 percent on housing loans availed upto a tenure of 15 years will be provided to EWS/LIG categories, wherein the subsidy pay-out on NPV basis would be about Rs.2.3 lakh per house for both the categories.
- Central assistance at the rate of Rs.1.5 lakh per house for EWS category will be provided under the Affordable Housing in Partnership and Beneficiary-led individual house construction or enhancement.
- State Government or their para statals like Housing Boards can take up project of affordable housing to avail the Central Government grant.
Sharing of Fund For this Scheme And
- The scheme will be implemented as a Centrally Sponsored Scheme except the credit linked subsidy component, which will be implemented as a Central Sector Scheme.
- The Mission also prescribes certain mandatory reforms for easing up the urban land market for housing, to make adequate urban land available for affordable housing.
Who will Be owner of the House Constructed Under This Mission
- Houses constructed under the mission would be allotted in the name of the female head of the households or in the joint name of the male head of the household and his wife.
Area Covered Under this Mission
- The scheme will cover the entire urban area consisting of 4041 statutory towns with initial focus on 500 Class I cities and it will be implemented in three phases as follows, viz.
- Phase-I (April 2015 – March 2017) to cover 100 Cities to be selected from States/UTs as per their willingness;
- Phase – II (April 2017 – March 2019) to cover additional 200 Cities
- Phase-III (April 2019 – March 2022) to cover all other remaining Cities.
- However, there will be flexibility in covering number of cities in various phases and inclusion of additional cities may be considered by the Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation in case there is demand from States and cities and have capacity to include them in earlier phases.
- Credit linked subsidy component of the scheme would be implemented across the country in all statutory towns from the very beginning.
Technology Sub-mission under the Mission
- A Technology Sub-mission under the Mission would be set up to facilitate adoption of modern, innovative and green technologies and building material for faster and quality construction of houses.
- The Technology Sub-Mission will also facilitate preparation and adoption of layout designs and building plans suitable for various geo-climatic zones.
- It will also assist States/Cities in deploying disaster resistant and environment friendly technologies.
- The Technology Sub-Mission will coordinate with various regulatory and administrative bodies for mainstreaming and up scaling deployment of modern construction technologies and material in place of conventional construction.
- The Technology Sub-Mission will also coordinate with other agencies working in green and energy efficient technologies, climate change etc.
- The Technology Sub-Mission will also work on the following aspects:
- Design & Planning
- Innovative technologies & materials
- Green buildings using natural resources
- Earthquake and other disaster resistant technologies and designs.
Freedom for States To Set Mission According to Their Requirements
- In the spirit of cooperative federalism, the Mission will provide flexibility to States for choosing best options amongst four verticals of the Mission to meet the demand of housing in their states.
- The process of project formulation and approval in accordance with Mission Guidelines would be left to the States, so that projects can be formulated, approved and implemented faster.
- The Mission will provide technical and financial support in accordance to the Guidelines to the States to meet the challenge of urban housing.
- The Mission will also compile best practices in terms of affordable housing policies of the States/UTs designs and technologies adopted by States and Cities with an objective to spread best practices across States and cities and foster cross learning.
- The Mission will also develop a virtual platform to obtain suggestions and inputs on house design, materials, technologies and other elements of urban housing.