IBPS Clerk 2017 FAQ Pdf – IBPS Clerk 2017 Frequently Asked Questions
IBPS Clerk 2017 FAQ Pdf – IBPS Clerk 2017 Frequently Asked Questions -Hello Friends Welcome to studydhaba.com .The official notification for IBPS Clerk 2017 recruitment exam has been released by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS). There are many aspiring candidates looking forward to applying for the exam.
During this course, they might come across various questions. We are trying to help by providing the most frequently asked questions.
Here are the IBPS clerk 2017 exam FAQs
IBPS Clerk Exam 2017 FAQs (Posts, Fees & Vacancies) -IBPS Clerk 2017 FAQ Pdf – IBPS Clerk 2017 Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which posts are available in this recruitment drive?
The recruitment process is done for selection of people for clerical cadre posts.
2. Which are the organizations participating in the recruitment drive?
Here are the organizations participating in the IBPS clerk recruitment process:
3. When will the registration for the exam start?
Registration will start from 12th September 2017 and will end on 3rd October 2017.
4. How to register for the IBPS clerk 2017 exam?
Candidates need to register for the exam on IBPS’s website. Visit www.ibps.in and click on the Link “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CWE- CLERKS (CWE Clerks VII)” to open the On-Line Application Form. Thereafter, submit all required details and Upload Photo & Sign.
Candidates should be careful at the time of submitting the Online application form as no changes are allowed after submission.
5. What is the application fee?
The application fee is Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates and Rs. 600/- for others.
6. How many vacancies are there?
There are 7883 vacancies for the position of clerk. The state-wise availability of vacancies is mentioned below.
IBPS Clerk 2017 Exam FAQs (Eligibility & Qualification)
7. What is the age eligibility criteria for IBPS clerk 2017 exam?
A candidate should be minimum of 20 years and not more than 28 years as of 1st September 2017 to be eligible for appearing in the exam. However, age relaxation is provided as per norms.
8. What is the mandatory educational qualification for the IBPS clerk exam?
The minimum qualification required for the post is graduation in any discipline from a recognized state university or any equivalent qualification recognized by the central government.
Candidate should know how to read and write the official language of the state for which they wish to apply.
9. I have scored 55% in graduation? Am I eligible for the exam?
Yes, you are eligible for the exam. There is no percentage criterion defined for eligibility.
10. I have given my final year graduation exam and the results are not yet declared. Can I apply for the exam?
Yes, final year graduation students can apply for the exam. However, they must produce proof of successfully clearing the exam on or before 31 October 2017.
IBPS Clerk Exam 2017 FAQs (Selection Process & Exam Details) -IBPS Clerk 2017 FAQ Pdf – IBPS Clerk 2017 Frequently Asked Questions
11. When will be the exam conducted?
The tentative dates are announced for both IBPS clerk prelims and main exam:
- Prelims: 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th December 2017
- Mains: 21st January 2018
- What is the selection process in IBPS clerk 2017 exam?
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has divided the selection process in two exams – Preliminary (prelims) or Mains exam. Candidates must clear the prelims to qualify for the mains exam.
12. What is the exam pattern for IBPS clerk 2017 prelims exam?
13. What is the exam pattern for IBPS clerk 2017 mains exam?
14. Is the exam bilingual?
The tests apart from English will be available in Hindi and English language.
15. Will there be any interview after the Mains exam?
No, there will be no GD of interview round for the IBPS clerk recruitment.
16. Are there any changes in the exam pattern from previous years?
IBPS has made some changes in the exam pattern for IBPS mains. Unlike previous years, this year Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude is clubbed. The test is for 60 marks and the time allotted is 45 minutes.
Also, the weightage for General Awareness section is increased this year. The overall time for the exam is increased to 160 minutes as opposed to 135 minutes last year.
17. Will the exam be conducted online or offline (OMR based)?
The exam (both prelims and mains) will be conducted online.
18. Is there any negative marking in the exam?
Yes, there is negative marking in the objective tests. For each incorrect answer, one-fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to the question will be deducted.
19. What is the cut-off for being selected in the recruitment?
The cut-off varies every year depending on candidates’ performance and is defined by IBPS. The final score is calculated based on candidate’s performance in the written test.
20. Are there sectional cut-offs in the exam?
Yes, there is sectional cut-off in the exam. Candidates must clear the cut-off of each section to qualify for the interview.
21. What is the scoring pattern in IBPS clerk exam?
The scores obtained by a candidate in each section will be normalized using the equi-percentile method for selection.