ICICI Bank rolls out rail ticket booking on its website
- ICICI Bank rolls out rail ticket booking on its website
- You can now buy rail tickets online from ICICI Bank’s website www.icicibank.com.
- The private sector lender, which has entered into a tie-up with Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation Ltd (IRCTC), said the “novelty” of this facility is that customers of any bank can use this service.
- This is the first time any bank is offering railway tickets for sale from its website, that too for customers of all banks.
- Users can pay for the rail tickets using their internet banking account, debit or credit card of any bank.
- To avail of this service, users will have to first register on the website of IRCTC and then do a one-time registration on the ICICI Bank’s website.
Mobile app will be launched By Bank very soon soon
To Download This File Click On The Download- Download Now
- This service will soon also be available on the bank’s mobile banking app, iMobile, as well as on its digital bank on mobile phone, ‘Pockets’,
- With this service, users can search for trains, book an e-ticket, cancel a reservation as well as check their PNR status among others.
- The website will also display the latest information for services, including train options and ticket availability, by connecting directly with the reservation system of the Indian Railways on a real time basis.
- For IRCTC, which is the largest e-commerce platform in the country, this is not the first tie-up with any website.
- In the past, it has had tie-ups with several websites that cater to the travel segment.