|18th India-Iran Joint Commission Meeting|
- 18th India-Iran Joint Commission Meeting held in New Delhi
- The session was co-chaired by External Affairs Minister of India (EAM) and H.E. Mr. Ali Tayebnia, Minister of Economic Affairs and Finance of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
- The two Ministers reviewed the progress in trade and economic cooperation and a number of related matters, and discussed the possibilities in cooperation in railways, including by supply of rails, rolling stock, signalling and other works and India’s participation in Chahbahar – Zahedan -Mashhad railway line.
| UNFCCC’s Paris Summit|
- United nation conference on climate change (COP-21) Held at Paris, France during November-December 2015.
- Member-states will prepare “nationally determined contributions” (NDCs) to reduce GHG emission and do their best to keep global warming below 2 degree Celcius.
- 1st world will have to help 3rd world. Review process each five years.
- Mobilize $100 billion by 2020 to help 3rd world countries to Fight Against climate change
- Will prepare new mechanism similar to Kyoto that allowed for carbon credit.
|UNDP’s Human Development Index Report|
- Prepared by UNDP since 1990 based on the formula of Economists Amartya Sen and Mahbub ul Haq.
- Latest Human development index report released in December 2015.
- Theme: Rethinking work for Human Development.
- 1st Rank: Norway and most bogus is Niger at Rank 188.
- India ranks 130 out of 188. (improved compared to previous year)
- Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal and Myanmar ranks below us.
- World trade organization DG is Roverto Azevedo.
- Ministerial conference held every 2 years. 9th conference held in Bali, Indonesia in 2013.
- 10th ministerial conference of WTO, Held at Nairobi, Kenya in 2015, December.
- Outcome: “Nairobi Package” i.e. six decisions on ago, cotton, and LDC.
- Commitment to abolish export subsidies on agriculture. 1st world to abolish immediately and 3rd world in phased manner in next 8 years.
- No firm decision on Special Safeguard Mechanism (SSM) for Developing Countries i.e. they could increase duties on imported agriculture items 1st world temporarily to protect local farmers.
- No solution to the public stockholding norms.
- Success in IT-trade deal. Almost all IT imports will become import duty free by 2019
|Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)|
- Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) meet held at Zhengzhou.
- New Delhi and Islamabad were also Present in meeting.
- You Know India and Pakistan are not Full member of SCO. So Both Countries were just Observer.
- India has opposed the China-Pakistan economic corridor as it involved certain sovereignty issues.”
|World Internet conference|
- 2nd World Internet conference held at Wuzen, China
- The 2nd World Internet Conference, also known as the Wuzhen Summit, will take place Dec 16 -18, in Wuzhen, Zhejiang.
- Themed “an Interconnected World Shared and Governed by All – Building a Cyberspace Community of Shared Destiny”, the event will be hosted by the Cyberspace Administration of China and the Zhejiang Provincial Government.
| BRICS Media Summit 2015|
- China hosted the BRICS Media Summit 2015 from December 1.
- The theme for the meeting is ‘Innovation, Development, Cooperation and Trust’ and was attended by leaders of 25 media groups from Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS).
- The meeting was proposed by the Xinhua news agency of China.
- The summit was jointly organised by Brazil Communication Company, Russia Today International News Agency, Xinhua news agency, The Hindu Group and South Africa’s Independent Media.
|2015 G20 Summit |
- 2015 G20 Summit held – Antalya, Turkey
- The 2015 G20 Summit was held at Regnum Carya Hotel Convention Centre in Antalya, Turkey.
- Since the inception of G20 in 1999, under the Turkish leadership, it was the tenth summit and held.
- The emphasis of the summit to develop strategies to ensure inclusive and robust growth through collective action and for this Turkey has proposed three I’s Inclusiveness,Implementation and Investment for growth.
- Turkey handed over the presidency of the Grouping to China for 2016.
|IBSA Summit 2015|
- India host the summit of IBSA (India, Brazil, South Africa) in New Delhi in 2015.