IMPS Notes Pdf -Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) Short Note for UPSC,IBPS
IMPS Notes Pdf -Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) Short Note for UPSC,IBPS-Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) is a tool through which one can transfer money instantly within banks across India through mobile, internet and ATMs which is not only safe but also economical both in financial and non-financial perspectives. This facility is available 24x7x365. The IMPS facility is provided by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
Why IMPS was started?
Before IMPS system, the transactions could be done either by NEFT or by RTGS. And this canIMPS also happen in NEFT and RTGS working hours. So NPCI along with some banks like SBI, BOI, UBI and ICICI in 2010 conducted a pilot study to create a system that works 24×7. As a result, IMP public launch happened on 22nd November 2010 by Smt. Shyamala Gopinath, DG RBI at Mumbai and this service is now available to the Indian public.
The participants for IMPS are:
- Remitter (Sender)
- Beneficiary (Receiver)
- National Financial Switch by NPCI
Objectives of IMPS -IMPS Notes Pdf -Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) Short Note for UPSC,IBPS
- To be customer friendly so that customers do not have to wait for tomorrow to make remittances.
- To make the payment simpler just with the use of mobile number.
- To achieve digitization in doing retail payments.
- To build the foundation for a full range of mobile based Banking services.
Some important facts:
- The bank should have an approval from RBI for Mobile Banking Service to be eligible to participate in IMPS.
- Customer should do Mobile Banking Registration if he wants to transact through mobile.
- The customer gets a unique Mobile Money Identifier (MMID) which is one of the inputs to start the transaction. It is a 7 digit number issued by banks.
- Every mobile phone be it a basic phone or smartphone is eligible for IMPS.
- There is no need of bank account to avail IMPS.
- More than one account can be linked to single mobile number.
- The recipient is not required to register for IMPS.
- Individual banks can also charge money for IMPS as per bank policy.
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page
Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .