Indian North East States Dams List – List of Dams in North East States of India
Indian North East States Dams List – List of Dams in North East States of India –The 7 sister states of North East India and Sikkim are considered as the future powerhouse of India.
North-East India is a slice of paradise, untouched and yet to explore, Due to the abundantly of natural resources and deep river valley’s these are considered as one of the best-suited projects for mega dams.
Some of the big dams of North-East Indian states are list as follows for Upcoming Exams like SBI PO/Clerk, Bank of Baroda PO, NIACL Assistant, SSC CGL 2018 and other competitive Exams.
- The Ranganadi Dam is Concrete gravity dam build on the Ranganadi River, located in the Yazali Arunachal Pradesh.
- Ranganadi Dam was the first mega dam built in Arunachal Pradesh with an height of 68 m and serves as the run of the river hydroelectric generation scheme and no water storage.
- The Doyang Dam is built across the Doyang river near the Wokha village in Nagaland. Doyang Reservoir is useful for power generation, fisheries and also provide shelter to flora and fauna around.
- The multipurpose Khuga dam is one of the seven river valley irrigation projects completed on Imphal River with the famous Loktak Lake for power supply to Manipur and other sister states.
- The Tuirial Dam is an earth fill and gravity dam with 74m height across the Tuirial river near Kolasibin the Indian state of Mizoram.
- The Gumti dam is built across the Gumti river in near Dumbur in the state of Tripura with a 30-meter height to generate 8.6 MW power.
- The Umiam Dam is constructedacrosss the Umiam river stream near to capital Shillong with a height of 27.5 m. Umiam Dam project was the first Dam build in the North-east region of India.
- The Subansiri dam also known as Subansiri Lower Dam is a under construction gravity dam across the Subansiri River at the border of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh.
- The Rangit Dam of Sikkim is a 45 m tall concrete gravity dam build across on the Ranjit River to generate power of 29 MW.
- Rangit Dam is situated near to Gangtok and build over the confluence of two rivers Rathong Chu and Rangit Rivers.
- The river valley reservoir of Rangit Dam is one of the most popular venues for fishing boating and other recreational water sports.
- Teesta-V Dam is another concrete gravity dam which is 95 m height on the Teesta River at Dikchu, Sikkim.