Indian Polity Notes fundamental duties for IAS, SSC, RAS, MPPSC, HPSC – Indian Polity Notes fundamental duties for IAS, SSC, RAS, MPPSC, HPSC
Indian Polity Notes fundamental duties for IAS, SSC, RAS, MPPSC, HPSC
Article 51A: Fundamental duties – It shall be the duty of every citizen of India
- To abide by the Constitution and respect its ideals and institutions, the National Flag and the National Anthem;
- To cherish and follow the noble ideals which inspired our national struggle for freedom;
- To uphold and protect the sovereignty, unity and integrity of India;
- To defend the country and render national service when called upon to do so;
- To promote harmony and the spirit of common brotherhood amongst all the people of India transcending religious, linguistic and regional or sectional diversities;to renounce practices derogatory to the dignity of women;
- To value and preserve the rich heritage of our composite culture;
- To protect and improve the natural environment including forests, lakes, rivers and wild life, and to have compassion for living creatures;
- To develop the scientific temper, humanism and the spirit of inquiry and reform;
- To safeguard public property and to abjure violence;
- To strive towards excellence in all spheres of individual and collective activity so that the nation constantly rises to higher levels of endeavour and achievement.
- Who is a parent of guardian to provide opportunities for education to his child or, as the case may be, ward between the age of six and fourteen years.