IPCC Pdf Download – Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
IPCC Pdf Download – Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change -The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change is a scientific government body under the United Nations set up at the request of the member governments, dedicated to providing the world with an objective, scientific view of climate change and its political and economic impacts on the nations.
What is IPCC?
- IPCC: Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- H.Q in Geneva
- The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) is the leading international body for the assessment of climate change.
- It was established by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) in 1988.
- To have a clear view on the present scenario of Climate change and its future impact on Environment, Livelihood, Economics.
- It does not conduct any research nor does it monitor climate related data or parameters.
It merely assesses the most recent scientific, technical and socio-economic information produced worldwide relevant to the understanding of climate change.
- Thousand of scientists contribute to provide info voluntarily.
- It is open to all member countries of the United Nations (UN) and WMO. Currently 195 countries are members of the IPCC.
The IPCC produces reports that support the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, which is the main international treaty on climate change.
The main objective of UNFCCC is to stabilize greenhouse gas concentrations in the atmosphere at a level that would prevent dangerous anthropogenic interference with the climate system.
IPCC reports cover the scientific, technical and socio-economic information relevant to understanding the scientific basis of risk of human induced climate change, its potential impacts and options for adaptation and mitigation.