Learn and Earn Scheme -Key features of Learn and Earn scheme
Learn & Earn Scheme -Key features of Learn and Earn scheme – Union Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India on 23 September 2013 launched a central sector scheme for Skill Development of Minorities.
Main Objectives of the scheme Learn and Earn Scheme
- To bring down unemployment rate of minorities during 12th Plan period (2012-17).
- To conserve and update traditional skills of minorities and establish their linkages with
- To improve employability of existing workers, school dropouts etc. and ensure their
- To generate means of better livelihood for marginalised minorities and bring them in
- To enable minorities to avail opportunities in the growing market.
- To develop potential human resource for the country.
Key features of Learn and Earn scheme
- Placement linked training programme for modern trades.
- Skills Training Programme for Traditional Trades.
- The training programme also includes soft skills training, basic Information and Technology (I.T) and English training.
- Project implementing agencies to ensure 75 percent employment and out of that 50 percent in organized sector.
- Mechanism for placement and post placement support.
- 100 percent assistance by Ministry of Minority affairs of Government of India.
The scheme will be implemented for the benefit of the 5 notified minority communities under National Commission for Minorities Act 1992(Muslims, Christians, Sikhs,
Buddhists and Parsis).
However, in the States/UTs where some other minority communities notified by respective State/UT Governments exist, they may also be considered for the programme but they will not occupy more than 5 percent of the total seats.