- Nai Manzil Scheme is an integrated Education and Livelihood Initiative for the Minority Communities.
- The scheme aims to benefit the minority youths who are school-dropouts or educated in the community education institutions like Madrasas, by providing them an integral input of formal education (up till Class VIII or X) and skill training along with certification.
- This will enable them to seek better employment in the organised sector and equipping them with better lives.
- The scheme covers the entire country.
Nai Roshani Scheme
- The Ministry of Minority Affairs has started implementation of a scheme “Nai Roshni” for Leadership Development of Minority Women from 2012-13.
- The scheme aims to empower and instil confidence among minority women by providing knowledge, tools and techniques for interacting with Government systems, Banks and other institutions at all levels.
- The scheme is implemented through Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs).
- Jiyo Parsi is a new scheme for containing population decline of Parsis in India.
- Its objective is to reverse the declining trend of Parsi population by adopting a scientific protocol and structured interventions to stabilize their population and increase the population of Parsis in India.
- USTTAD (Upgrading the Skills and Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development)
- The scheme has been launched to preserve rich heritage of traditional arts/crafts of minorities and build capacity of traditional artisans/craftsmen.
- The scheme will also establish linkages of traditional arts/crafts with the national and international market and ensure dignity of labour.
- The scheme, which will be funded by the Central Government, will prepare skilled and unskilled artisans and craftsmen to compete with big companies.
Preservation of Rich Heritage
- Preservation of Rich Heritage: — Ministry launched a new scheme “Hamari Dharohar” in 2014-15 to preserve the rich heritage of minority communities of India. The scheme aims at curating iconic exhibitions, supporting calligraphy, preservation of old documents, research and development, etc.
Maulana Azad National Fellowship For Minority Students
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship For Minority Students: -The objective of the Fellowship is to provide integrated five year fellowships in the form of financial assistance to minority students to pursue higher studies such as M.Phil and Ph.D.
- The Fellowship covers all Universities/Institutions recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). 30% of the scholarships are earmarked for
Padho Pardesh Scheme
- Padho Pardesh-scheme of interest subsidy on educational loans for overseas studies for the students belonging to the Minority communities.
- This is a Central Sector Scheme to provide Interest Subsidy to Meritorious Students belonging to economically weaker sections of notified Minority
Communities so as to provide them better opportunities for higher education abroad and enhance
Nai Udaan Scheme
- Nai Udaan Scheme: under which free coaching is given to the minority students through empanelled coaching institutions/ organisations for preparation of various entrance examinations including prelims examinations for recruitment to Group ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ services and other equivalent posts under the Central and State Governments including public sector undertakings, banks, insurance companies etc.
- Under the said scheme stipend of Rs. 1500 per month and Rs. 3000/- per month is provided to the local and outstation students respectively.
Multi-sectoral Development Programme (MsDP)
- To bridge the development deficits faced by minorities through creation of socio-economic infrastructure to give them basic amenities for their overall empowerment.
- 710 Minority Concentration Blocks (MCBs) and 66 Minority Concentration Towns (MCTs) have been identified for implementation of MsDP during 12th Plan.
- Various scholarship schemes are in operation for children of notified minority communities with intent to improve their education, skill and employability.
- Like: Pre-Matric, Post –Matric and Merit-cum Means Scholarship schemes.