MADHUKAR COMMITTEE Important Recommendations List Pdf For IAS 2017 – Hello friends Welcome to studydhaba.com .Here We are Sharing Important Recommendations of Madhukar Committee .
A high powered committee of the National Security Council, headed by former home secretary Madhukar Gupta presented its report on India- Pakistan border to Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh in New Delhi. The Ministry of Home Affairs had constituted a committee under the chairmanship of former home secretary Madhukar Gupta in April 2016, for strengthening border protection and addressing the issue of gaps and vulnerability in border fencing along the India-Pakistan border. Mandate:
The mandate of the committee was to study all types of gaps in fencing and all other vulnerabilities in the International Border and to suggest comprehensive approach to fix these gaps in fencing and other vulnerabilities on interim and permanent basis.
MADHUKAR COMMITTEE Important Recommendations List Pdf For IAS 2017
Members of the Committee:
Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju, Home Secretary Shri Rajiv Mehrishi, and Secretary of Border Management Susheel Kumar and other senior officers of the ministry were present. Key Facts
- The committee has examined security mechanisms of all four Indian states sharing border with Pakistan keeping in mind challenges of different climate and topography.
- It has given separate recommendations for four states as each of them has different topography and problems.
- It has flagged gaps and vulnerabilities in border fencing and suggested use of technology and heightened vigil on riverine frontiers.
- It has expressed displeasure over not installing laser walls in many infiltration-prone areas due to treacherous and marshy terrain. Background:
- The MHA had constituted this committee in April 2016 to suggest ways to address the issue of gaps and vulnerability in border fencing.
- It was constituted three months after the terror attack on Pathankot IAF base in January 2016 by Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists from Pakistan.
- These terrorist had infiltrated into India by beaching the India-Pakistan border through porous border in Punjab especially from the riverine stretch.