Major Crops Producers India List Pdf Download
Major Crops Producers India List Pdf Download – Hello Friends Welcome to Studydhaba.com . Here we are providing you list of India’s Major Crops Producer States .top crops producing states of india 2017 pdf
Major Crops Producers India List Pdf Download – top crops producing states of india 2017 pdf
You may also like Our post for UPSC prelims 2018 latest topics List for Upcoming Prelims 2018
India is the top producer of many crops in the world. There can be many ways to divide the types of crops (based on area, season, economic value etc.). Based on seasons, the crops in India are divided into three types; Rabi, Kharif and Zaid.
- Sown in June-July when rains first begin (Monsoon crop).
- Harvested in September-October.
- Requires lot of water and hot weather to grow.
- Example: Rice, Jowar, Bajra, Maize, Cotton, Groundnut, Jute, Sugarcane, Turmeric, Pulses (like Urad Dal) etc.
- Sown in October-November
- Harvested in April-May.
- Requires warm climate for germination of seeds and maturation and cold climate for the growth.
- Example: Wheat, Oat, Gram, Pea, Barley, Potato, Tomato, Onion, Oil seeds (like Rapeseed, Sunflower, Sesame, Mustard) etc.
- Grown between March-June between Rabi and Kharif crop seasons.
- Early maturing crops.
- Example: Cucumber, Bitter Gourd, Pumpkin, Watermelon, Muskmelon, Moong Dal etc.
The major crops can all be divided into four main categories depending on their usage.
- Food Crops (Wheat, Maize, Rice, Millets and Pulses etc.)
- Cash Crops (Sugarcane, Tobacco, Cotton, Jute and Oilseeds etc.)
- Plantation Crops (Coffee, Coconut, Tea, and Rubber etc.)
- Horticulture crops (Fruits and Vegetables)
- The largest producer of paddy in India—-West Bengal
- The largest producer of wheat in India—Uttar Pradesh
- The largest producer of sugarcane in India —Uttar Pradesh
- The largest producer of groundnut in India — Gujarat
- The largest producer of tea in India—Assam
- The largest producer of coffee in India—Karnataka
- The largest producer of jute in India —West Bengal
- The largest producer of tobacco in India— Andhra Pradesh
- The largest producer of bananas in India— Tamilnadu
- The largest producer of saffron in India—Jammu & Kashmir
- The largest producer of onion in India—Maharashtra
- The largest producer of black pepper in India—Kerala
- The largest producer of cotton in India—Gujarat
- The largest producer of bamboos in India—Assam