[Must Cover Topic ] Hybrid Electric vehicle & FAME Scheme In India -UPSC – Hello friends Welcome To Studydhaba.com . Here We are sharing About hybrid vehicles and FAME Scheme of India by Indian Government .
What is Hybrid Electric vehicle ?
- Hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) combine the benefits of gasoline engines and electric motors and can be configured to meet different objectives such as improved fuel economy, increased power, or additional auxiliary power for electronic devices and power tools.
- HEVs run on fuel alone and do not plug in to an electrical outlet to recharge the battery.
- Hybrid cars have the advantage of both of above type of vehicle. They have, in addition to the internal combustion engine, also an electric motor and a battery.
- The most advanced hybrids have larger batteries and can recharge their batteries from an outlet. These are known as “plug-in hybrids” and can cover long distances.
What Are the Benefits Of Hybrid Electric Vehicles?
- Fuel Efficiency
- Very Good For Save Earth From Global Warming . Cut Down Emission By 1/3 or 1/2.
- Less use of Fossils Fuels or May Reduce Dependence on Fossils Fuels
- Low Cost
FAME India – Hybrid and Electric vehicles scheme
- Union Government on 1 April 2015 launched Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric vehicles (FAME) – India Scheme
- The scheme was launched as part of the National Mission for Electric Mobility to boost eco-friendly vehicles sales in the country
Key Objective Of FAME India Scheme
- To support the hybrid or electric vehicles market development and its manufacturing eco-system in the country in order to achieve self-sustenance in stipulated period
- The overall scheme is proposed to be implemented over a period next 6 years i.e. till 2020
- It envisages providing Rs 795 crore support till 2020 for the manufacturing and sale of electric and hybrid vehicles
- It also seeks to provide demand incentives to electric and hybrid vehicles from two-wheeler to buses
- It will be implemented in phases
- The Phase-1 will be implemented over a two year period in FY15-16 and FY16-17
- Based on the outcome and experience from the Phase-1, it will be reviewed for implementation after 31 March 2017
- Then appropriate fund will be allocated for future.
Four focus areas:
- Technology development, Pilot Projects, Demand Creation and Charging Infrastructure.
- The Department of Heavy Industries under the aegis of Union Ministry of Heavy Industries will be will be nodal department for the scheme
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page
Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .|