New National Education Policy 2020 PDF Download UPSC – Hello Friends , The New Education Policy 2020 (NEP 2020) NEP has been approved by the Union Cabinet today. It has been formally announced at 4 pm on 29th July after the Union Cabinet approved the new Education Policy 2020. The NEP was created in 1986 and revised in 1992. The Bharatiya Janata Party’s manifesto in the 2014 general election promised to implement the new Education Policy 2020 Pdf in Hindi, marathi, tamil, bengali & gujarati.
National Education Policy ( NEP ) 2020 Highlights
Under National Education Policy (NEP), the following changes are made in higher education-
- Multiple entry and exit options in higher education – Multiple entry and exit options will now be offered in higher education.
- MPhil Exemption in 5 years course – Those doing a five-year integrated course are exempted to do an MPhil. All the courses at undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD level will now be interdisciplinary.
- Autonomy based on the accreditation of colleges – Autonomy will now be given on the basis of accreditation of colleges.
- National Mission for Mentoring – A national mission will be run for mentoring.
- Same Standards for Government and private education – Education standards for government and private universities will remain the same.
- Establishment of National Result Foundation – National Research Foundation (NRF) will be established which will promote research and innovation.
- Promotion of technology in education – Technology will be promoted in education (teaching, learning and assessment).
- E-courses in 8 regional languages – E-courses will be developed in eight major regional languages.
New National Education Policy 2020 Download
The key changes under the New Education Policy 2020:
- MPhil courses will be discontinued under the new policy and all the courses at undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD level will now be interdisciplinary.
- All higher education institutions, except legal and medical colleges, will be governed by a single regulator.
- Board exams in schools will be low stakes and test actual knowledge of students instead of “rote learning”.
- Home language, mother tongue or regional language will be the medium of instruction up to Class 5
- School curriculum will also be reduced to core concepts and there will be integration of vocational education from Class 6
- Report cards will be a comprehensive report on skills and capabilities instead of just marks and statements
- Common norms will be in place for private and public higher education institutions
- It will also cap fees charged by educational institutions
- Common entrance exams will be held for admission to universities and higher education institutions
- The ministry announced that there will be holistic and multidisciplinary education in terms of flexiblity of subjects
- Other features include graded academic, administrative and financial autonomy of institutions
- E-courses will be developed in regional languages; virtual labs will be developed and a National Educational Technology Forum (NETF) is being created
- There are over 45,000 affiliated colleges in our country. Under graded autonomy, academic, administrative and financial autonomy will be given to colleges, on the basis of the status of their accreditation
- National mission will focus on basic literacy and basic numeracy
- Major changes have been announced in the pedagogical structure of curriculum with no rigid separation between streams; all separations between vocational and academic and curricular and extra-curricular will also be removed
- National Assessment Centre- ‘PARAKH’ has been created to assess the students
- “NEP 2020 aims to increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio in higher education including vocational education from 26.3% (2018) to 50% by 2035. At least 3.5 crore new seats will be added to higher education institutions,” HRD higher education secretary Amit Khare said at the press briefing.
|Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
Get All Exams Study Material Here On StudyDhaba . Get UPSC Prelims , Mains And Optional Study Material From Links Given Below . All Materials Provided By Studydhaba Team Are Latest one.
|Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page|
|Instamojo Store – Instamojo.com/StudyDhaba|
|Telegram Channel – t.me/StudyDhaba|
|Latest Current Affairs Magazine|
|UPSC Prelims ,Mains ,Optional Study Materials|
|UPSC Prelims Test Series|
|UPSC Mains Test Series|
|UPSC Optional Test Series|
|EContact US – [email protected]|
Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes . Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet . We Are Just Sharing That Link Only .
Whole Materials are For Education Purpose Only . We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .
You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website . Now We Are Trying Our Best To Provide Watermarks Free Study Material For All Exams . We Do not Like Putting Lots Of Watermarks On Pages . But For This We also Need Your Support . Please Share Our Website With Your Friends And On Social Networking Sites .