National Human Rights Commission Pdf – Functions,Powers,Body Type – Hello friends Welcome TO Studydhaba.com . Here We are sharing national Human Rights commissions Details .
National Human Rights Commission Pdf – Functions,Powers,Body Type
- National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) of India is an autonomous public body constituted on 12 October 1993 under the Protection of Human Rights Ordinance of 28 September 1993.
- It was given a statutory basis by the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993 (TPHRA).The NHRC is the National Human Rights Commission of India, responsible for the protection and promotion of human rights, defined by the Act as “rights relating to life, liberty, equality and dignity of the individual guaranteed by the Constitution or embodied in the International Covenants”.
- “Human Rights” means the rights related to life, liberty, equality and dignity of the individual guaranteed by the constitution or embodied in the International covenants and enforceable by courts in India.
- “Commission” means the National Human Rights Commission constituted under section of All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights known as Human rights, as commonly understood, are the rights that every human being is entitled to enjoy freely irrespective of his religion, race, caste, sex and nationality, etc. (Jagdish chand, 2007) In Declaration of Independence acknowledged the fundamental human rights.
- Human right means different thing to different people. Human Rights are not static, but are rather dynamic in nature.
- New rights are recognized and enforced from time to time. Only persons fully conversant with the latest development about the expanding horizons of Human Rights can promote their awareness better other.
NHRC has contributed to nation building:
- NHRC has contributed to nation building by becoming the voice of the deprived and the oppressed. He said that the protection of human rights has been an important part of our culture.
- After independence, elements such as an independent and impartial judiciary; an active media; an active civil society, and organizations such as NHRC are in place to protect human rights.
- Human rights should not be merely a slogan, but also a part of our ethos. He said that in the last four years or so, a lot of serious efforts have been made to improve the quality of life of the poor.
- Yhe Government’s focus has been to ensure that all Indians have access to the basic needs of human beings.
- In this context, the achievements of schemes such as BetiBachao, BetiPadhao, Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan, Pradhan MantriAwaasYojana, UjjwalaYojana, and SaubhagyaYojana; and the transformation that has been brought about in the lives of the people as a result of these schemes.
- The construction of more than 9 crore toilets, has ensured sanitation, and a life of dignity, for crores of poor people.
- The recently launched health assurance initiative – PMJAY – under Ayushman Bharat.
- The law which provides relief to Muslim women from triple talaq, is also part of this series of steps taken to ensure basic rights for people.
- Steps taken to improve ease of access to justice, such as increasing the number of e-courts, and strengthening of the National Judicial Data Grid.
- Aadhaar is a technology-based empowerment initiative.
- The success of these initiatives has also been because of Jan Bhagidaari – public participation.
- Along with awareness of human rights, citizens should also be aware of their duties and responsibilities.
- Those who understand their responsibilities, also know how to respect the rights of others.
- The role of NHRC is also crucial for achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
|Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page|
|The Hindu Daily News Paper Important Articles Pdf|
|Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba|
|Latest Current Affairs Magazine 2019 Pdf|
|UPSC Prelims ,Mains ,Optional Study Materials|
|UPSC Prelims Test Series 2020 Pdf|
|UPSC Mains Test Series 2019-2020|
|UPSC Optional Test Series 2019-2020|
|SSC Study Materials 2019-2020 Pdf|
|IBPS Study Material 2019-2020 Pdf|
|Insurance Exams Free Study Materials Pdf 2019|
|NEET Exam Free Study Material Pdf|
|Latest RRB Study Material Pdf|
|Teaching Exams Study Material Pdf|
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .|