National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) – National Rural Health Mission (NRHM)
when was National Health Mission was launched by Government of India?
- The National Rural Health Mission(NRHM) is a Centrally sponsored programme of this Ministry.
- The NRHM launched in April, 2005 (for seven years i.e. 2005 to March 2012) seeks to provide accessible, affordable and quality health care to the rural population, especially the vulnerable sections, with special focus on 18 states, including Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and North-Eastern states.
- The mission proposes to facilitate increased access and utilization of quality health services. This has been carried out by increasing the spending on health and improving the health care services at the community level.
- The mission undertakes several architectural corrections of the health system to enable and promote policies that strengthen public health management and service delivery within the country.
- It also envisages revitalizing the local health traditions and attempts to mainstream AYUSH into the public health system by effectively integrating health concerns through decentralized management at local levels.
- The mission also addresses issues on sanitation and hygiene nutrition, safe drinking water, gender, social concerns, and inter-state as well inter-district disparities in health care provision.
Objectives of NRHM – The main objectives of NRHM are as follows:
- Reduction in Child and maternal mortality .
- Universal access to public services like food and nutrition, sanitation and hygiene and also access to public health care services with emphasis on services addressing women and children health and universal immunization.
- Prevention and control of communicable and non-communicable diseases, including locally endemic diseases.
- Access to integrated complete primary health care.
- Population stabilization, gender and demographic balance.
- Regenerate local health traditions & mainstream AYUSH.
- Promotion of healthy life styles.
The key strategies adopted by the Government of India to strengthen NRHM are:
- Creation of strong institutional mechanisms at National and State level through Mission Steering group, State/District Health Mission.
- Strengthening Programme Management units for effective public health management through State, District and Block Programme management units.
- Enhanced fund allocation to NRHM for additional funding to States.
- Preparation of inter-sectoral District Health Plans.
- Integrating vertical Health and Family Welfare programmes at National, State, District and Block levels.
- Supporting States through united funds for the functioning of Village Health Sanitation & Nutrition Committees and thereby focusing on creation of Village Health Plans.
- Promoting access to healthcare at household level through ASHA.
- Supporting the States to train and enhance capacity of Panchayati Raj Institutions.
- Strengthening facilities from PHCs and above through grants to Rogi KalyanSamitis (RKS).
- Promotion of Public Private Partnership through NRHM to improve service delivery.
- This information was given in written reply by the Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare Shri Ghulam Nabi Azad in Lok Sabha today.
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page
Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .|