Organic Farming pdf – Organic Farming In India,Advantages,Types
Organic Farming pdf – Organic Farming In India,Advantages,Types -hello friends Welcome to studydhaba.com . Here We are sharing Organic farming and Advantages . In this Post We Will Discuss About
- What Is organic Farming
- Types of Organic farming
- Organic farming In India
- Advantages Of Organic Farming
- Organic Farming Definition
- What are the categories of organic farmers in India?
- What are the benefits of organic farming?
- What are the requirements and interventions in organic farming?
What Is organic Farming ?
- Organic agriculture is a holistic production management system which promotes and enhances agro ecosystem health, including biodiversity, biological cycles and soil biological activity.
- It emphasis the use of management practices in preference to the use of on farm inputs, taking in to account
regional conditions locally adopted systems.
Definition Of Organic Farming
Organic farming is a method of crop and livestock production that involves much more than choosing not to use pesticides, fertilizers, genetically modified organisms, antibiotics and growth hormones.
Organic production is a holistic system designed to optimize the productivity and fitness of diverse communities within the agro-ecosystem, including soil organisms, plants, livestock and people. The principal goal of organic production is to develop enterprises that are sustainable and harmonious with the environment.
The general principles of organic production, from the Canadian Organic Standards (2006), include the following:
- yojana Magazine February Pdf Download Hindi & English free
- Lucent Audio MP3 General Knowledge download -lucent gk 2018 audio
- Vision IAS Prelims Test Series Pdf Free Download -CSP 2017 Tests
- Yojana Magazine Pdf Download Hindi & English ,2018,2017,2016,2015
- Download India Yearbook PDF Released By Govt Of India
- Download UPSC Prelims 37 Years Previous Papers PDF Solution
- Download Indian Economy Ramesh Singh 8th Edition Pdf Free 2018
- Download Old NCERT books PDF Free -Hindi & English -UPSC,SSC
- Indian Government Schemes pdf 2017,2018 -Modi Govt Schemes 2018
- IBPS PO 2017 Study Plan pdf – IBPS PO 30 Days Study Plan
- Hindi Optional Material Download – Free UPSC Materials Download
- Food Processing Industry pdf Importance,Challenges,Present Scenario
- Organic Farming pdf – Organic Farming In India,Advantages,Types
- RRB ALP Syllabus 2018 Pdf – RRB Assistant Loco Pilot Sylla
- Protect the environment, minimize soil degradation and erosion, decrease pollution, optimize biological productivity and promote a sound state of health
- Maintain long-term soil fertility by optimizing conditions for biological activity within the soil
maintain biological diversity within the system
- Recycle materials and resources to the greatest extent possible within the enterprise
- Provide attentive care that promotes the health and meets the behavioural needs of livestock
- Prepare organic products, emphasizing careful processing, and handling methods in order to maintain the organic integrity and vital qualities of the products at all stages of production
- Rely on renewable resources in locally organized agricultural systems
What are the benefits of organic farming?
- Adoption of organic agriculture in India can bring greater economic benefits to farmers and environmental
growth for the nation that emphasize on more sustainable production system crucial for achieving food
security apart from maintaining natural resources.
- It sustains bio diversity, soil fertility and natural ecosystem processes and other services that underpin the
- It Encourages Biodiversity
- It allows the farmers to overcome the crop failures and increased cost of production, encourages production of
healthy food and fibre of higher quality.
- It Discourages Environmental Exposure to Pesticides and Chemicals
- It Help in Builds Healthy Soil
- It help Helps Combat Erosion
- Organic Farming Fights the Effects of Global Warming
- Another Benefits is it Supports Water Conservation and Water Health
- Organic Farming Supports Animal Health and Welfare
- Organic agriculture improves the health of people, soil and ecosystem.
- Organic agriculture reduces the use of non renewable energy sources by using organic fertilizes and reducing the consumption of agro chemicals.
- It also helps to control green house effect.
- Organic stops global warming and climate change and keeps environment clean.
- Using Fertilizers and pesticides groundwater is polluted, but organic farming replaces it with organic fertilizers hence it helps to prevents water pollution.
- By using organic farming ecological services such as Soil forming and conditioning, waste recycling, nutrient cycling, Stabalization of soil, carbon sequestration, Predation ,pollination and Habitates are improved.
- Organic food are rich in nutritional value.
- Organic food are free from harmful fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides.
- It improves the taste and quality of food and organic agriculture are climate and ecologically friendly.
What are the categories of organic farmers in India?
- The first category of organic farmers are those who are in “no input or low input” use zones, for them organics is a way of life and they practise as a tradition.
- The second category of farmers is those who have recently adopted the organics in the wake of ill effects of
- The third category comprise of farmers and entrepreneurs who have systematically adopted the
commercial organic agriculture to capture the emerging market opportunities and premium prices.
What are the requirements and interventions in organic farming?
- The soil for organic farming should be friable and must have the sufficientorganic matter content with ideal pH
content of 6.5 to 7.5 to help the microbial activity called as living soil.
- The non edible oil cakes like neem, pungam, mahua and castor have low carbon nitrogen ratio and applied as
organic manures which can help in quick release of nutrients.
- Use of crop residues after decomposition is essential in organic crop production, which increases the soil organic matter content, maintains soil fertility status of the soil.
- Leguminous crops like beans, peas, greengram, blackgram, soybean and cowpea are raised on a crop rotation
basis with cereal crops to improve the soil fertility status of the soil.
- Vermicompost is a digested material of the organic wastes by earthworms, used as a quality manure in organic
farming, recommended for basal as well as top dressing applications.
- Bio fertiliser like bluegreen algae, azolla, azetobacter and azospirillum can fix the atmospheric nitrogen to
the root nodules of the plants.
- Certain fungi species likeVesiculararbuscular mycorrhiza is also used to improve the availability of
phosphorous, zinc, copper and sulphur.
- Panchagavya, an organic product has the potential to play the role of promoting growth of the plant and
promoting the immune system of the plant .
- Jeevamurtham is one of the cheapest source of nutrient supplement and it can be applied for the overall growth of the plants.
- The careful usage of water is advocated in the organic farming methodology because the over
irrigation causes the salt deposition, dilution of nutrients also takes place apart from the waste of water.