Pitt’s India Act, 1784 – Important Points of Pitts India Act – hello friends welcome to studydhaba.com.Here We are Sharing pitt india act .Pitt’s India Act, 1784 – Important Points of Pitts India Act
Pitt India Act, 1784
1. The Regulating Act proved to be an unsatisfactory document as it failed in its objective
2. In January 1784, Pitt the Younger (who became Prime Minister of England after the General Elections) introduced the India Bill in the British Parliament.
3. It received royal assent in August 1784. This was the famous Pitt’s India Act of 1784.
• A Board of Control consisting of six members was created. They were appointed by the Crown
• The Court of Directors was retained without any alteration in its composition.
• The Act also introduced significant changes in the Indian administration. It reduced the number of the members of the Governor-General’s Council from four to three including the Commander-in-Chief.
• The Court of Directors controlled its commercial functions, whereas the Board of Control maintained its political affairs.
• In fact, the Board represented the King, and the Directors symbolised the Company.
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page
Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .|