CCEA approved Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY)
Government of India is committed to accord high priority to water conservation and its management. To this effect Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) has been formulated with the vision of extending the coverage of irrigation ‘Har Khet ko pani’ and improving water use efficiency ‘More crop per drop’ in a focused manner with end to end solution on source creation, distribution, management, field application and extension activities.
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Hon’ble Prime Minister has accorded approval of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) in its meeting held on 1st July, 2015.
PMKSY has been formulated amalgamating ongoing schemes viz. Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Programme (AIBP) of the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation (MoWR,RD&GR), Integrated Watershed Management Programme (IWMP) of Department of Land Resources (DoLR) and the On Farm Water Management (OFWM) of Department of Agriculture and Cooperation (DAC).
PMKSY has been approved for implementation across the country with an outlay of Rs. 50,000 crore in five years. For 2015-16, an outlay of Rs.5300 crore has been made which includes Rs. 1800 crore for DAC; Rs. 1500 crore for DoLR; Rs. 2000 crore for MoWR(Rs. 1000 crore for AIBP; Rs. 1000 crores for PMKSY).
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) gave its approval for a new scheme called Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY).
The Yojana was approved with an outlay of 50000 crore rupees over a period of five years, that is, from 2015-16 to 2019-20 and the allocation for the financial year 2015-16 has been kept at 5300 crore rupees.
Aim of PMKSY
- Bringing concerned Ministries/Departments/Agencies/Research and Financial Institutions engaged in creation/use/recycling/potential recycling of water under a common platform so that a comprehensive and holistic view of the entire water cycle is taken into account and proper water budgeting is done for all sectors namely, household, agriculture and industries.
Objectives of PMKSY
(i). To provide convergence to existing schemes of water management, thus bringing efficiency to the use of water
(ii). Expand cultivable area under assured irrigation (Har Khet ko pani)
(iii). Improve on-farm water use efficiency to reduce wastage of water
(iv). Enhance the adoption of precision-irrigation and other water saving technologies (More crop per drop)
(v). Enhance recharge of aquifers and introduce sustainable water conservation practices by exploring the feasibility of reusing treated municipal based water for peri-urban agriculture
(vi). Attract greater private investment in precision irrigation system
In the last one year, the Government of India has taken several farmer friendly initiatives. These, amongst other things, include the following:
- A new scheme has been introduced to issue a Soil Health Card to every farmer. Soil Health Management in the country is being promoted through setting up of soil and fertilizer testing laboratories. 34 lakh soil samples has been collected and analysis is continuing.
- A new scheme for promoting organic farming “Pramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana” has been launched to promote organic farming.
- A dedicated Kisan Channel has been started by Doordarshan to address various issues concerning farmers.
- Government is also encouraging formation of Farmer Producer organizations.
- Assistance to farmers, as input subsidy, has been increased by 50 percent in case of natural calamities.
- Norms have been relaxed to provide assistance from previous norm of crop loss of more than 50 percent to 33 percent to farmers afflicted by natural calamities.
- Minimum Support Price (MSP) for various Kharif crops has been increased. Bonus of Rs.200 per quintal has been announced for pulses. Area coverage under pulses has increased over the last year.
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page
Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba
|EContact US – firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .|