RBI Grade B 2018 -Exam Date,Syllabus,Test Series,Pattern,Apply Online,Salary – RBI Grade B 2018 notification officially released with 166 Grade B Officer vacancies! The online application link for RBI Grade B recruitment 2018 has been activated on 3rd July 2018. 23rd July is the last date of RBI Grade B application form.
- The exam date of RBI Grade B Officer 2018 exam also announced with official notification.
- The exam will be held on 16th August and 7th September 2018 in multiple shifts.
- So if you’re preparing for RBI Grade B exam 2018, check out the syllabus, exam pattern, eligibility criteria, vacancies, question paper, and free mock test for Officer online preparation.
RBI Grade B Recruitment 2018: Important Dates
|Start date of RBI Grade B Online Application||3rd July 2018|
|Last date to apply online for RBI Grade 2018||23rd July 2018|
|RBI Grade B Exam Date 2018 – General/DEPR/DISM Phase I||16th Aug 2018|
|RBI Grade B Exam Date 2018 – General Phase II||07th Sep 2018|
|RBI Grade B Exam Date 2018 – DEPR/DISM Paper II & III||06th Sept 2018/ 07 Sept 2018|
In order to apply for RBI Grade B exam, candidates should fulfill the following criteria –
To qualify in RBI exam the minimum required age is 21 years and maximum age 30 years as on 1st July 2018. If a candidate possesses M.Phil and Ph.D. degree, the upper age limits in these cases are 32 and 34 years respectively.
Educational Qualification (for RBI Grade B (General)-
Candidate should have minimum 60% marks (for SC/ ST/ PWD, 50%) or equivalent grade in Bachelor’s degree, 12th (Diploma or equivalent) and 10th Standard.
RBI Grade B 2018 Exam Pattern – Prelims and Mains
|Section||Number Of Questions||Marks|
Phase II RBI Grade B Exam 2018 Pattern
|Papers||Type of Paper||Time||Marks|
|Economic and Social Issues||objective||90||100|
Vacancy Details RBI Grade B 2018 Recruitment
It is expected that RBI will release 166 vacancies for the post of Grade ‘B’ Officer. The vacancies are divided into the candidate’s categories (GEN, OBC, SC & ST).
Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – (General)
Application Form RBI Grade B 2018
- You can get RBI Grade B online application form with step-by-step instructions on the official website.
- The online registration link for RBI Grade B will be available soon on the official website of RBI.
- You can apply online for RBI Grade B Officer 2018 until 23rd July.
- The admit card for RBI Grade B Phase I is issued 10 days prior to the exam date.
- The admit card only will be available if you have submitted the correct information in the online registration form.
- You can download RBI Grade B admit card by visiting the official website.
- After selection as Grade B Officer in RBI, candidates undergo training of 15 weeks.
- The total probation period for RBI Grade B is 2 years.
- Candidates are allotted to various department of the bank after the training period.
- You can read about more details of RBI Grade B Officer Job Profile here.
Promotion & Career Growth
- Candidates selected as Officers in Grade B scale have fair chances to reach up to the level of Deputy Directors in their promotion policy.
- Eligible candidates need to appear for specific promotional exams, in order to be promoted to the next level.
- You can read here about career growth & promotion of RBI Grade B.
Selection Procedure of RBI Grade B Exam (General) comprises of following steps –
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
While the Prelims phase is Objective in nature, Mains phase would comprise of the objective as well as descriptive test. You can go through the details of Preliminary and Mains Exams below.
RBI Grade B 2018 Syllabus – Phase I & II
Here is the section wise syllabus & guidelines to prepare for RBI Grade B Officer.
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
- General Awareness
RBI Grade B Syllabus Phase I – Reasoning Ability
- Coding And Decoding
- Machine Input Out Put
- Data Sufficiency
- Circular Arrangement
- Linear Arrangement
- Multistory building /Floor Puzzle
- Double Line UP Puzzle
- Verbal Reasoning
- Order And Ranking
- Arrangement And Pattern
- Blood Relations
- Directions And Distance
RBI Syllabus For Quant And Aptitude
The RBI Grade B 2018 syllabus shall cover the following topics under quantitative aptitude curriculum:
- Understanding of the Number System i.e. whole numbers, decimals, fractions and their relationships.
- Question on Percentage problems.
- Ratio & Proportion.
- Number Series i.e. Arithmetic Progression, Geometric Progression etc.
- Permutation Combination.
- Simple & Compound Interest.
- Profit and Loss.
- Mixture and Alligation.
- Speed, Time and distance.
- Time & Work.
- Mensuration and Geometry.
- Data Interpretation. Might include Graphs, bars, and charts.
RBI Grade B English Language Syllabus
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Phrase Replacement ( Error Spotting )
- Para Completion
- Fill In The Blanks
RBI Grade B Syllabus 2018 – General Awareness
- Banking And Financial Awareness
- Economic News
- Static Awareness
- Current Affairs
RBI Mains syllabus – Full Detailed Syllabus
|Economic & Social Issues|
RBI Grade 2018 Books For Both Phase 1 And phase 2
Books For Phase 1 -For RBI Grade B 2018 Quantitative Aptitude Exam:
- Objective Arithamatic – Rajesh Verma
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations – RS Agarwal
- Quantum Cat – Sarvesh Kumar verma
For RBI Grade B 2018 Reasoning Exam
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning (Revised Edition)
- Analytical Reasoning – M k Pandey
- Verbal Reasoning – M k Pandey
For RBI Grade B 2018 English Exam:
- Objective General English – S P Bakhshi
- Try To Solve previous years Papers
- Read One English News Paper daily
RBI Grade 2018 Phase 2 Exam Reference Books:
For Economic and Social Issues:
- Indian Economy – Ramesh Singh
- Indian Economy – Uma Kapila
- Indian Economy Key Concepts -Shankar Ganesh
- The Indian Economy- Sanjiv Verma
- Social Problems in India- Ram Ahuja
For Finance and Management:
- Indian Financial System – Bharti V Pathak
- For basics of the numerical portion, you can refer to class 12th NCERT Accountancy or any other Accounts Reference book.
- Read Economic Survey and Budget of India for the following year.
- Yojana Magazine
RBI Grade 2018 Application download Procedure:
Step 1 (Official website):
- The candidate need to visit the official website for apply online RBI GRADE application form. Click on the New Registration Tab to begin the application process.
Step 2 (Registration):
- Enter the relevant details (Name, Date of birth, Contact Details, Email ID) in the registration form and after inserting the security code click on the submit button.
- Registration number and the password will be generated on the computer screen and will be sent to candidate’s registered E-mail and through SMS.
Step 3 (Details):
- Basic Details: After registration, candidates have to fill the application form and enter the basic details like registration number, nationality, State, Exam centre, etc.
- Personal details: Personal details like name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth and gender should be mentioned properly as it is mentioned in their certificates. Candidates should spell his/her name, Father’s name and Mother’s name correctly as the same will be entered in the admit card and mark sheet.
- Contact details: The candidate must provide his own phone number and E-mail ID as any further communications will be made to this email and phone number.
- Education Qualifications: The candidate has to provide necessary details of their graduation and post-graduation degree.
- Click on the next button to proceed further.
- Photograph & Signature: Now, the candidate has to upload pre-scanned copies of photograph and signature which satisfy the prescribed specifications.
Step 4 (Fee Payment):
- The candidate has to make the payment of fees through online mode only and this can be done through Debit card, Credit card, Net Banking, IMPS, Cash card.