RBI Grade B Officer Promotion : All You Need To Know – Salary 67000 -Those who Applied for RBi grade B Exam This post is for You . In this Post we will share more information about RBI Grade B Promotion And Salary in Full details .
Every Year More than one Lakhs Aspirants apply for RBI grade B Exam . Only Few Of them Manage to get Job.
RBI Grade B Officer Promotion: All You Need To Know – Salary 67000
RBI Grade B Officer Exam Pattern -RBI Grade B Officer Promotion: All You Need To Know – Salary 67000
- Prelims Exam
- Mains Exam
RBI Grade B Officer Interviews
Candidates, who manage to clear both the Prelims and the Mains, will be notified of the personal interviews. Based on the three stages and your performance in each one of them, you will allocate a job at a specific location.
RBI Grade B Officer Pay scale
The RBI Grade B officers get the best salary and enjoy all the perks associated with banking jobs in the country. Here is a look at the basic pay, gross pay and all other reimbursements that you are liable to receive.
- Basic Pay- INR 35,150/- per month
- Gross Pay- INR 67,000/- per month
- Residence at special quarters designed for Officers and their families.
- Annual Medical Allowance- INR 4,500/- if declared
- Monthly Maid Allowance- INR 3,000/-
- Fuel Allowance- 150 ltrs
- LFC/LTC Tour Allowance- every 2 years
- Food/Sodexo Grocery Coupons– INR 2,000/-
As a Grade B Officer in RBI Grade B, you will also be entitled to the Various Perks & allowances like :
- Dearness Allowance.
- Local allowance :5% of Basic pay
- House Rent Allowance.
- Family allowance: 4% of Basic pay
- Grade Allowance.
- Telephone Allowance.
- Household Allowance.
- Conveyance Allowance.
The new employees will be on probation for 2 years before being appointed. RBI Grade B Officer will work for 5 days in a week, barring Saturday and Sunday. Working hours last from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
RBI Grade B Officer Promotion -Following is the Job Profile, Nature of Work, Promotions of a Grade B 2018 Officer
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) consists of more than 30 Departments with close to 400 RBI Grade B Job Profiles.
Clearing the RBI Grade B 2018 entitles you to work in various departments. Right from the RBI’s central office which is located in Mumbai or in the Regional Office (RO) which are mostly located in the state capitals, e.g. New Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Mumbai Regional Office (MRO), Hyderabad, Bangalore etc. You can see the complete list on RBI’s website.
Job Profile of RBI Grade B Officer
I got selected in RBI in 2011, and I had worked in RBI Ahmedabad office in Urban Banking Supervision Department till 2015.
- My job as an RBI Grade B Officer was to inspect various banks allocated to me by my General Manager. This onsight inspection was carried out as per the Banking Regulation Act 1949 and some provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act 1934. We also had to follow some of the guidelines mentioned in the Income Tax Act, FEMA, Money Laundering Act, etc.
- The main objective of this inspection was to see whether the banks are functioning as per the Banking Regulation Act 1949. Because banks have the public money and RBI is entrusted to safeguard the interest of the Depositors.
- Key areas that we had to focus during the inspections were the cash vault, KYC AML guidelines, Credit Appraisal System of the bank, information technology Policy, overall security of the branch, functioning of the Board of the Directors and their interference in the day to day operations of the bank, adherence to the various circulars of the RBI.
- Based on these parameters, an RBI Grade B Officer has to write inspection reports and prepare bank’s balance sheet as per the Reserve Bank’s format.
- We had to calculate various Financial parameters like CRAR, Gross NPA, Net NPA, Gross Profit/Loss, Net Interest Margin, Forex Exposure, CRR, SLR, etc. Based on these parameters we had to rate banks. eg, A+, A, A-, B likewise. These reports are considered to be very confidential and are outside of the ambit of an RTI. It can only be presented in the higher courts in case of a legal matter.
- In a few Departments, you can also get field work which will give you an exposure of Banking regulations, Financial Markets, Foreign Exchange related Departments.
Name of positions – (expected time in the scale before being promoted to next scale.
Grade A – Assistant Manager ( 4-10 years )
Grade B – Manager ( 7 years ) those who join at this level are called Grade B (DR or Direct recruits )
Grade C – Assistant General Manager ( 7-10 years )
Grade D – Deputy General Manager ( 5 years )
Grade E – General Manager ( 5- 10 Years )
Grade F – Chief General Manager or Regional Director ( 2 years —)
Executive Director – upto Age of 60
Deputy Governor – upto Age of 62
Governor -onky if you are lucky.
Future Avenues for an RBI Grade B officer
As an RBI Grade B Officer, you can reach up to the post of a CGM and to the ranks of an Executive Director (ED) based on your service record. Only a few RBI Grade B Officers get to the ranks of a Deputy Governor (DG). Some extraordinary RBI Grade B Officers are deputed to work with prestigious foreign institutions like IMF and World Bank.