How to read India year Book 2017 Pdf Download – IYB 2017 Tricks To Read -India Year Book is a Govt.of India publication which is a comprehensive digest of India’s progress in different fields. The books contains a large amount of Data,facts,analysis which total close to 1000 pages. Most questions in Civil service exams are based on the book. It will be highly generous if someone can give an advice to cover it with maximum efficiency.
I Am Not an Expert of UPSC But I have Some Knowledge About What type of questions Are Asked from India year book and What Could be Expected from this Book . This book Is very important For UPSC You all Know .
India year book is a Bulky Book . You can Not Read whole book from Page 1 to Last Page . You Need to prepare a Strategy to cover All important topics Effectively
How to read India year Book 2017 Pdf Download – IYB 2017 Tricks To Read
Do Not Read Book From Chapter 1 to Last . Go Topic Wise
- The Biggest Mistake Made By the Students is Reading books In Linear Fashion ( 1,2,3,4,5,—– Last Appendix.) Do Not Do this .
- This is Bad technique to Read any book .This Whole process Is time Consuming .
- In The above mind map I have Provided you How to read India year book according to topics .
- This process will be Easy and You will Be Able to understand All chapters Easily and Can Co relate .
- In this process you will Find Some Information and Data Overlapping .
- To read This book you should divide this Book In Sections .
- After that Select All Chapters of That section .
- Now Start reading These topics .
- India year Book is A Bulky Book .
Organizations ,govt Schemes Important But Not Their location , Evolution , etc
- In this you will Read So Many organizations .
- Some of them are Important for Exam point of View And Rest are junk.
- When you read any organization do Not Focus on evolution of Organization . Just try to Remember Main Roles and Objectives of that organization , agency for Which That was Established.
- For Government policies and Schemes , Projects , Funds etc you should prepare a separate notebook .
- Whenever you read any project /scheme/policy/funds etc always google it or Visit PIB.NIC.In.
Whenever you read any organization,Agency etc only focus on three things:
- Nature: Constitutional/statutory/executive/attached office/society/PSU/SPV/autonomous body/anything else?
- Boss: Who is the boss of That organization , Under which ministry It Comes.
- What’re the functions/schemes/policies associated?
- There are Some terms in Science and tech related agencies and organization Which are very important for Exam point of view . whenever you find any term Just google it .
How to read Schemes , Funds , projects etc. What to Read and what to skip ?
How to read india year book 2016 for upsc – Top Chapters to Read .Just Skip Everything .Only Focus On these Three things –
Who is the Boss ? –How to read india year book 2016
- Under Which ministry /Department?Agency It comes.
What are the Main Features of That Scheme, Project and Fund?
- Who is eligible beneficiary?
- What benefit does he/she get?
- How does he get benefit?
Where does the money come?
- Does Union government provide 100% funding,
- Do the states need to contribute something as well? 10%/20%/25% etc?
- In some cases Private Sectors Funding Also involved ?
How to prepare Bills/ACTS /Laws ?
For these topics also Approach remain same . you just need to Focus on Four things .
- In which year It was passed
- Who is the boss
- You can read features of the bills (from prsindia.org)
- Analysis – Read from PRS India and Include the Hindu / Indian Express .
Key Facts related to India year book You Need to Know
- India 2017 is updated only till November 2016 . i do Not think so It will Help too Much .
- IAS Mains will be in October 2017.
- Most of the questions In Prelims will be Asked up to May 2017.
- There are only facts no analysis making it a very boring read .
- Every economic, commercial and agricultural data is infinite times better presented in economic survey.
- For Latest data you can Read Economic survey .
Some Of the Questions Asked from India year book Directly -How to read India year Book 2017 Pdf Download – IYB 2017 Tricks To Read
1. Consider the following rivers:
Which of the above flows / flow through Arunachal Pradesh?
(a) 1 only (b) 2 and 3 only (c) 1 and 3 only (d) 1, 2 and 3
2. The power of Supreme Court of India to decide disputes between the Centre and the States falls under its
- advisory jurisdiction
- appellate jurisdiction
- original jurisdiction
- writ jurisdiction
Two questions which were asked from India year book directly Were
- One question was related to Saka era, 21st March
- One Question was related to Satyamev jayate, mundak upanishad
4 approaches are usually followed by the aspirants in decreasing order of preferences.
- Reading the entire book page by page and remembering the facts by heart: you are doomed from the start and will end up in utter misery.
- Never heard or bought this book: a decent approach.
- Reading only those facts which are in news or not covered by any other source: 2nd best approach.
- Buying New vishal’s summary of IYB: nothing beats this approach ( By Roman Saini)
The best approach for this Book is just Buy New vishal Summary of India year book And Prepare it .
Now you Have two approaches to Prepare india year book for IAS exam . choose Best Approach for you. you have Only 3 Months Left .How to read India year Book 2017 Pdf Download – IYB 2017 Tricks To Read