How to Read NCERT Books For IAS Exam -UPSC Prelims 2017 – Hello friends Welcome To StudyDhaba.com .Here We are Discussing an Important Issue About How to read NCERT books for IAS Exam 2017 for Both prelims and Mains 2017.
NCERT books are the best books written by Experts after Extensive Research .These books are very good for Building you Foundation of Knowledge .
Now If we talk about main Issue -That is how to read NCERT books for UPSC Prelims and Mains 2017.
Let’s first take a look at why you should read NCERT Books:
- Simple: The language in NCERT Books are highly simplified for your better understanding.
- Extensive Research: NCERT books are written & published after a great amount of research has been done by reputed people in the field.
- Authentic: NCERT books are an authentic source of information as the information published is provided by government agencies & institutions.
- Standard book for all exams: They are standard books for all exams & questions therein are also reliable.
- Correct information: NCERT books are checked and rechecked many times before they are published, so the information is correct.
- Good for understanding concepts: These books cover topics in a well framed manner. They start with basics and go on to a higher level unlike many other books. So, you are looking to clear your concepts NCERT is the way to go.
Now that we have covered why you should read NCERT books let’s move on to how you should read NCERT books:
- Class Wise: The first method is reading all the books class wise starting from Std. 6th. This is a good way to read specifically for the exams when you have a time constraint.
- Subject Wise: The second method is to read the NCERT books subject wise. In this method you pick up one particular subject and read all the books from class 6 to 12.
Which is the best method?How to Read NCERT Books For IAS Exam -UPSC Prelims 2017
According to my experience and many others the best method is to read them subject wise as you will get your concepts clear and also retain the information much longer.
Read NCERT books subject wise for exam preparation- swim with flow. If you read NCERT books subject wise you will understand the subject easily and your basic knowledge gets stronger and concepts get clearer. In contrast if you read NCERT books by the first method i.e. class wise you will get less knowledge because this method creates gaps between the same subject .
To understand the above question understand this simple logic-
More time (more gaps between the same subject) =more memory loss (first method)
Less time (No gap between the same subject)=more memory(second method)
- Start your IAS preparation from class 6 NCERT books
- Choose any subject of your interest.
- Complete all chapters from the chosen subject in the targeted time.
- Move on to another class.
- Then in the same way read all the books upto class 12 and complete the subject
- Repeat the same process with another subject in the same way.
How many NCERT books do you need to read?
Combining all the subjects from all the classes you need to read about 40-44 books in total.
How much time does it take to cover all NCERT books?
You have to read about 40-44 books in total and it would take you about 3 days to complete one book which contains about 14-16 chapters. So, in total it would take you about 2.5- 3 months to read all the books.
How to do this?How to Read NCERT Books For IAS Exam -UPSC Prelims 2017
- Make a timetable for yourself.
- Note how much time do you have in your hands and how much you can devote to this.
- Then make a to- do list (for topics and subjects) for one month.
- Then break down this one month to- do list to one week and then to one day.
- This way you will achieve more in less time.
“Success is simple. Do what’s right, the right way, at the right time.”- Arnold H. Glasow