Rohingya Issue UPSC Mind Map – Rohingya Issue The road to deportation -Hello Friends Welcome To Studydhaba.com . Here we are sharing important Issue Which is Related To India And Rohingya Muslims . In this Article We Will Discuss About .
- Who are Rohingyas ?
- What is There Problem ?
- Illegal Migrations On Rohingyas ?
- Customary International Law Regarding Refugees
- Contention of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- What is India Stand for Rohingyas Muslims .
Rohingya Issue UPSC Mind Map – Rohingya Issue The road to deportation
Who are Rohingyas? -Rohingya Issue UPSC
- They are an Ethnic group, mostly Muslims.
- They were not granted full citizenship by Myanmar.
- They were classified as “resident foreigners or associate citizens”
- They speak a dialect of Bengali and not Burmese.
- Ethnically they are much closer to Indo-Aryan people of India and Bangladesh than to the Sino-Tibetans of the Country.
- However, according to Myanmar government, they are illegal immigrants migrated to Rakhine following Burmese independence and Bangladesh liberation war.
- The population of Rohingyas was around 1.1 to 1.3 million before the 2015 crisis.
- The crisis received international attention followed to Rakhine state riot in 2012, Rohingya crisis in 2015 and 2016-17 military crackdown.
- At present 40000 Rohingyas have their second home in India.
Migration of Rohingyas In India
- Since 2012, 5 lakh Rohingyas have taken shelter in Saudi Arabia.
- There are around 40,000 Rohingyas in India, of which around 5,700 are in Jammu. (More vulnerable for getting recruited by terrorist organisations”.)
- Now the seven men being sent back had been held in prison since 2012 for illegal entry.
- Indian Government has described illegal Rohingya immigrants as posing a national security threat, and ordered state governments last year to identify and deport them.
The legal status of Rohingyas
- The Myanmar government never allowed a citizenship status to Rohingyas.
- They have been able to register as temporary residents with identification cards known as white cards.
- This Card gave Them Some basic Rights But Not Allowed Permanent citizenship.
- Through This card They Can Vote but In 2015 this Card Was Cancelled .
- In 2014, UN held a census, which was the first in Myanmar in 30 years. Initially, the Muslim minority were allowed to register as Rohingya. But after Buddhist threatened to boycott the census, the government issued a statement that Rohingyas can register only if they are identified as Bengalis.
Concerns with regard to Illegal Migrants In India And what India can Do
- Illegal migrants “infringe on the rights of Indian citizens” .
- They are “more vulnerable for getting recruited by terrorist organisations”.
- Section 3(2)(c) of The Foreigners Act, 1946, gives the Central Government the right to deport a foreign national.
- India is not a signatory to the 1951 United Nations Convention and 1967 Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees
- India does not currently have a national law on refugees.
- In 2011, the Union government circulated to all states and Union Territories a Standard Operating Procedure to deal with foreign nationals who claimed to be refugees.
Why India Want To Deport Rohingya Muslims
- There Are More Than 40000 Rohingyas In India .
- These Rohingyas Are In Touch of Terrorist Group And ISIS Group , This could Be dangerous For India .
- Indulging in Illegal Activities – hawala,Anti National Activities .
- North Eastern Region can be Destabilized By These Rohingya Muslims .
- Possibility Of violence Outburst Against Buddhist In India .
Reaction On India Decision To Deport Rohingyas Muslims
- Any Deportation Of Rohingyas Muslim Will Violate Constitutional Rights Article 14 And Article 21 Which Provide Right To Equality And Life.
- Would Infringe International Law .
Why India Should Help Rohingyas Muslims ?
- We have offered Home To Many International Communities Like Afghan,Tibbetan ,Jews And Parsis .
- We Can Also help Rohingyas Muslims also .
- With Deportation of Rohingyas Muslims The Idea Of Hospitality And India As a Home refugee will Also Disappear.
- India is The World Largest Democracy And With This We Can help Rohingyas.
- Both Myanmar and Bangladesh Are Refusing Them To Accept As Their Citizen.