Rohingya Issue UPSC Mind Map – Rohingya Issue The road to deportation -Hello Friends Welcome To Studydhaba.com . Here we are sharing important Issue Which is Related To India And Rohingya Muslims . In this Article We Will Discuss About .
- Who are Rohingyas ?
- What is There Problem ?
- Illegal Migrations On Rohingyas ?
- Customary International Law Regarding Refugees
- Contention of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- What is India Stand for Rohingyas Muslims .
Rohingya Issue UPSC Mind Map – Rohingya Issue The road to deportation
Who are Rohingyas? -Rohingya Issue UPSC
- They are an Ethnic group, mostly Muslims.
- They were not granted full citizenship by Myanmar.
- They were classified as “resident foreigners or associate citizens”
- They speak a dialect of Bengali and not Burmese.
- Ethnically they are much closer to Indo-Aryan people of India and Bangladesh than to the Sino-Tibetans of the Country.
- However, according to Myanmar government, they are illegal immigrants migrated to Rakhine following Burmese independence and Bangladesh liberation war.
- The population of Rohingyas was around 1.1 to 1.3 million before the 2015 crisis.
- The crisis received international attention followed to Rakhine state riot in 2012, Rohingya crisis in 2015 and 2016-17 military crackdown.
- At present 40000 Rohingyas have their second home in India.
Migration of Rohingyas In India
- Since 2012, 5 lakh Rohingyas have taken shelter in Saudi Arabia.
- There are around 40,000 Rohingyas in India, of which around 5,700 are in Jammu. (More vulnerable for getting recruited by terrorist organisations”.)
- Now the seven men being sent back had been held in prison since 2012 for illegal entry.
- Indian Government has described illegal Rohingya immigrants as posing a national security threat, and ordered state governments last year to identify and deport them.
The legal status of Rohingyas
- The Myanmar government never allowed a citizenship status to Rohingyas.
- They have been able to register as temporary residents with identification cards known as white cards.
- This Card gave Them Some basic Rights But Not Allowed Permanent citizenship.
- Through This card They Can Vote but In 2015 this Card Was Cancelled .
- In 2014, UN held a census, which was the first in Myanmar in 30 years. Initially, the Muslim minority were allowed to register as Rohingya. But after Buddhist threatened to boycott the census, the government issued a statement that Rohingyas can register only if they are identified as Bengalis.
Concerns with regard to Illegal Migrants In India And what India can Do
- Illegal migrants “infringe on the rights of Indian citizens” .
- They are “more vulnerable for getting recruited by terrorist organisations”.
- Section 3(2)(c) of The Foreigners Act, 1946, gives the Central Government the right to deport a foreign national.
- India is not a signatory to the 1951 United Nations Convention and 1967 Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees
- India does not currently have a national law on refugees.
- In 2011, the Union government circulated to all states and Union Territories a Standard Operating Procedure to deal with foreign nationals who claimed to be refugees.
Why India Want To Deport Rohingya Muslims
- There Are More Than 40000 Rohingyas In India .
- These Rohingyas Are In Touch of Terrorist Group And ISIS Group , This could Be dangerous For India .
- Indulging in Illegal Activities – hawala,Anti National Activities .
- North Eastern Region can be Destabilized By These Rohingya Muslims .
- Possibility Of violence Outburst Against Buddhist In India .
Reaction On India Decision To Deport Rohingyas Muslims
- Any Deportation Of Rohingyas Muslim Will Violate Constitutional Rights Article 14 And Article 21 Which Provide Right To Equality And Life.
- Would Infringe International Law .
Why India Should Help Rohingyas Muslims ?
- We have offered Home To Many International Communities Like Afghan,Tibbetan ,Jews And Parsis .
- We Can Also help Rohingyas Muslims also .
- With Deportation of Rohingyas Muslims The Idea Of Hospitality And India As a Home refugee will Also Disappear.
- India is The World Largest Democracy And With This We Can help Rohingyas.
- Both Myanmar and Bangladesh Are Refusing Them To Accept As Their Citizen.
Important Links For Study Material And Test Series
Follow Us On Facebook – Facebook Page
Join StudyDhaba.Com Telegram Channel – t.me/studydhaba
|EContact US – [email protected] / [email protected]|
|Note & Disclaimer – All Study Materials Here are shared Only For Educational Purposes .Most of The Material Is Already Available On Internet .We Are Just Sharing That Link Only . Whole Materials Is For Education Purpose Only .We Work hard to Provide You Quality Study Materials And Error Free Study Materials For All Competitive Exams .You can Also Share Study Materials,Notes Or Any Materials With Us .We Will Publish That Material On Our Website .It is a Humble Request To All Of You Please Share This Post With Your Friends And On Social Media .|