SBI PO 2016 Notification,Job Profile ,Salary, promotion,Exam Pattern
SBI PO 2016 Notification , Job Profile ,Salary,promotion,Exam Pattern SBI PO 2016 Notification out – SBI PO Job Profile , SBI PO Salary Minimum 755000 and Maximum Salary 1293000. SBI PO Promotion , Home State Posting , Exam Pattern , Syllabus and How to prepare for SBI PO 2016 Exam .
State Bank Of India Probationary Officers Vacancies 2016
|Category||Number of Vacancies|
Total : 60
- OH- 20
- VI- 20
- HI- 20
Total Posts: 168
- Scheduled Caste (SC): 47
- Scheduled Tribe (ST): 79
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): 42
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria for 2016 Exam
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- Those who are in the Final Year/Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 31.08.2016.
- Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 31.08.2016. Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered Accountant may also apply.
SBI PO 2016 Minimum Age and Maximum Age
- To be Eligible for sbi po 2016, you should not be below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01.04.2016 i.e your birthday must have been between 02.04.1986 and 01.04.1995 (both days inclusive).
SBI PO Salary
- Presently the starting salary (basic pay) of SBI PO is Rs.27,620/- (with 4 advance increments) in the scale of Rs. 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020.
- The total compensation for a sbi po per year would be a minimum of Rs. 7.55 lacs and maximum of Rs. 12.93 lacs depending on place of posting and other factors.
- This includes D.A, H.R.A/ Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical and other allowances.
Important Dates of SBI PO 2016
- Online Registration starts: 04 May 2016
- Online Registration Ends: 24 May 2016
- Date of Prelims Exam – 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10 July 2016
- Date of Mains Exam – 31st July 2016
SBI PO 2016 application fees.
- SC/ST/PWD Rs.100/- (Intimation Charges only)
- General, OBC Rs.600/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)
Number of Attempts for General , OBC, SC/ST , PH , PWD in SBI Po Exam
|Category||Number of Attempts|
|SC/ST/ SC PWD/ST PWD||No Restrictions|
Exam Pattern of SBI PO 2016
There will be Three Stages In SBI Po 2016 Exam . These Stages will Be
- Phase 1 – Prelims
- Phase 2- Mains
- Phase 3 – Group Discussion and Interview
|1||English Language||30||30 Marks|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35 Marks|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35 Marks|
|100 Questions||100 Marks|
Mains Examination – SBI PO 2016 – Pattern of Exam
The Mains Examination consists of two parts i.e. Objective and Descriptive Test worth 200 and 25 marks respectively. Both these test will be conducted online.
For Descriptive test, a candidate is required to answer by typing on the computer. And Descriptive test would begin immediately after the Objective Test. The Exam Pattern of the Objective and Descriptive Test is as follows:
- The online objective test is of 3 hours duration and consists of 4 Sections for total 200 marks.
- And for the first time, separate timings have been introduced for every section. So there will be a time boundation for every section.
|1||Reasoning And Computer aptitude||45||60||60 Minutes|
|2||Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||45 Minutes|
|3||General Awareness About Economy and Banking||40||40||35 Minutes|
|4||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
- The Descriptive Test, which will also be conducted online, is of 30 minutes duration with 50 marks, will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay).
- Moreover, Descriptive test of only those candidates will be evaluated who score qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in objective test.
- The candidates are required to qualify in each of the Tests, separately in both Prelims and Mains Objective Test, by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
- The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test.
- There is a negative marking of 1/4th of the marks assigned to that question, in both Prelims and Mains Objective Exam.
- The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III
- The number of chances will be counted from the examination held on 18.04.2010.
- Appearing in Preliminary Examination will not be counted as a chance.
How Merit List Prepared for SBI PO Exam
- For Merit List, Marks secured by the candidates in the Written Test (out of 225 marks) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Discussion & Interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25.
- The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating converted marks of Written Test and Group Discussion & Interview out of 100 for each category. The selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category.
Books Recommended for SBI PO Preparation
- Analytical Reasoning By MK Pandey ( A must Have book for Reasoning)
- An Advanced Approach To Data Interpretation By R.S.Agarwal
- Objective Computer Awareness By Arihant
- Encyclopedia Of General Knowledge & General Awareness (Paperback) By Verma
- State Bank Of India And Associates Probationary Officer Exam Practice Work Book In Hindi By Kiran Prakashan
- Objective English For Competitive Examinations 4th Edition By Hari Mohan Prasad
- State Bank Of India And Associates Probationary Officer Exam Practice Work Book In English By Kiran Prakashan
Download official Notification 2016
- – http://www.sbi.co.in/webfiles/uploads/files/PO_2016_ENGLISH_CRPD_PO_2016_17_02.pdf
- Apply Online for SBI PO Exam