Should India Accept Foreign Aid or Not during Disaster Discuss – GS Paper 2 – In past there was a big disaster In Indian State kerala . Kerala Was Destroyed By flood heavily . There was a topic of discussion in past which was about Should India Accept Foreign aid or not During Disaster.
Here We Will Discuss About Both Positive And Negative Argument about India Stand on Foreign Aid.
Should India Accept Foreign Aid or Not during Disaster Discuss – GS Paper 2
Argument In Favour Of Not Accepting Foreign Aid
- Super power dream of India – One of the contexts for the 2004 policy was the India‘s superpower dream.
- Not make India A Weak country if Not Accept Foreign Aid – Neither taking aid from countries for disaster relief is a sign of weakness nor would turning away foreign assistance show India as more powerful.
- NDMP guidelines – Under the National Disaster Management Plan (NDMP) 2016, India may accept foreign
assistance, if the national government of another country voluntarily offers.
- National Disaster Policy 2004 – the government has been following the policy on disaster aid decided in 2004.
- Fearing foreign hand – It was felt that assistance would leave scope for spies who would come with the
package, interfere in the country‘s internal affairs.
- India is Now in 21st century not 20th Century – Now india is very advance Country in Technology . India can face any Challenge Related to Any disaster and flood.
Argument Against Not Accepting Foreign Aid
- All aid is routed through the Centre for reasons that have stood the test of time.
- Consider, for example, the manner in which development assistance is being used by the People‘s Republic of China to warp the local politics of many countries along its periphery.
- Clearly, it would be a significant security threat, if china being given a free hand to contribute to North Eastern states and Pakistan be allowed to help out government of J&K.
- Foreign policy is in the Union‘s remit according to the Constitution, and allowing state governments to form their own bilateral aid and assistance ties is tantamount to allowing them to conduct an independent foreign policy.
- This cannot be considered appropriate, however dire the emergency.