- Justice (Retd) R.M. Lodha committee had suspended Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals for a period of two years.
- So, two new teams formed to replace them.
- Pune (owned by Sanjiv Goenka, a kolkata based businessmen)and Rajkot ( owned by intex mobile).
- President of the All India Tennis Association ( AITA)
- Re-elected as the president of the Asian Tennis Federation ( ATF), for another term of four years
- He is also the vice- president of the International Tennis Federation ( ITF)
- He won gold medal in World Bodybuilding and Physique Championships
Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gujarat has won the 14th season of Vijay Hazare Cricket Trophy, for the first time in history of cricket.
- At Bengaluru stadium, Gujarat defeated Delhi.
- Trophy is also known as the Ranji One Day Trophy and is named after the famous Indian cricketer Vijay Hazare and started in 2002.
- Tamil Nadu has won this trophy for four times.
59th National Shooting Championship, Delhi
- Female: Apurvi Chandela from Rajasthan has won a Gold medal in the 59th National Shooting Championship in Delhi.
- Male: Olympic medallist Vijay Kumar of Indian Army has won gold medal
Hockey World League 2015
- Australia defeated Belgium at Sardar VallabhBhai Patel Stadium, Raipur.
- Top three teams of Hockey World League Final Champions: Australia (1st title).
- Runner-up: Belgium.
- Third place: India.
India South Africa Series
- India on 7 December 2015 won the four-match Test series against South Africa 3-0.
- In the fourth and final match played at Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi, India defeated South Africa by 337 runs.
Two New IPL Teams
- Pune, Rajkot became interim IPL franchises to replace CSK, RR
- Rohit Sharma became co-owner of UP Warriors in Pro Wrestling League
- The team includes celebrated Indian wrestlers like Sushil Kumar and Joginder Kumar.
- Mahela Jayawardene awarded honorary lifetime membership of MCC
- Former Sri Lanka captain Mahela Jayawardene on 9 December 2015 was awarded with an honorary life membership of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC).
Mascot and Logo of 2016 South Asian Games unveiled
- Mascot and Logo of 2016 South Asian Games unveiled
About The Logo
- The logo has eight petals representing the countries participating in the 12th South Asian Games.
- The petals are seen to be moving in a clockwise direction showing the positive spirit of the games.
About The Mascot
- The name of the Mascot for the Games is TIKHOR, who is the Brand Ambassador of the 12th South Asian Games, 2016.
- TIKHOR is someone who is sharp, naughty, sporty and modern.
- He is all-rounder, active, energetic and popular among kids.
- With traditional and sporty costumes, he is playing all games and welcoming every new idea in sports.
- He is motivator, friend and familiar to sports lovers of the region.
- Here he is a bugler with new harmony and new perspective.
- He is carrying the message/aspiration of peace, stability, amity and progress in the South Asian region.
59th National Shooting championship
- Vijay Kumar won gold in the 59th National shooting championship
- Vijay Kumar on 13 December 2015 won the centre fire pistol gold in the 59th National shooting championship at the Dr Karni Singh Range in Tughlakabad in New Delhi.
- Abhay Singh won U-19 Singapore Squash Open
- India’s Abhay Singh on 20 December 2015 won the Under-19 Singapore Squash Open.
- In the final of the Old Chang Kee Singapore Open, he defeated second seed Alwin Chai of Malaysia.
- He defeated Chai 11-8, 11-3, 11-8 in the final played at Singapore.